Chapter Six: Unexpected development

"Ahh...." I couldn't get a word out, mesmerized by the man's eyes. It was like they were glowing as I stared into them; they were so pretty.

 I thought they were like the fireworks that I had seen a few years ago during one of the good days with Daddy- once they caught your eyes, you couldn't look away.

The man had a strange look in his eyes as he looked at me, something I hadn't seen before but I somehow knew what it was: sadness.

Another person stepped up and whispers into the man's ear; their words causing him to frown.

"Do you have someplace to go?" He suddenly asks me.

I found myself shaking my head 'no' at his question as he started to stand, taking me with him. Surprised, I quickly grab onto his silky coat to balance myself as I left the ground. 

I don't remember the last time someone picked me up. Daddy never did. The man was warm and for some reason, I felt safe in his arms. Maybe because of his eyes- they were so different compared to others- even Five couldn't compare.

"Do you have a name?" I felt the man's voice vibrate against my side as he spoke.

"S-seven." my voice was barely above a squeak.

"Seven?" He frowned  again, causing his eyebrows to become all wrinkly. "They didn't even give you a name?"

I flinched at his harsh tone.

"I'm sorry." The man apologizes, patting my back. They were gentle pats that made me sleepy.

I rest my head against his chest and listened to his heartbeat as my eyes grew heavy before slowly closing.

~~~~~~~~

I was surrounded by something soft as I woke up from a nightmare- where I was being attacked by those dogs again, getting bitten over and over.

I looked up in a daze, staring at the sea of white fluffy things around me. I carefully touch them for a moment before trying to climb on top of it.

Sitting on top of the pile, I notice that some of my injuries were wrapped in bandages along with my eye that was closest to the burns on my face. I cautiously sniff one of the bandages on my arm and recoiled as the scent coming off of it caused me to sneeze.

I wipe my nose with my arm, avoiding the bandages and tried to keep them clean. 

I glance behind me and saw a brown spot from the place I was laying and realized that I was extremely dirty- I shouldn't be touching this. I see an ending of the white things and quickly crawled over to the end and saw shining floors beneath it.

I hesitate for a moment, debating on if I should stay on the white things or possible get more things dirty by moving. I didn't want that man from before get mad at me.

What if I am too dirty? That strange scent must be medicine which can be really expensive- so why did they give it to me?

The door creaks open, causing me to slip in surprise and I crash to the floor.

"Oh no!" A worried voice comes from the door as hurried steps came into the room. "Are you okay child?" 

I look up and saw a kind-looking old woman coming over to me with her arms open. I scramble back as I notice curled horns on the sides of her head with a long thin tail that ended into a triangle trailing behind her.

The woman stops as she realized I was moving away from her and slowly sat down on the ground with her hands on her lap.

"Hello." She says as her face wrinkled around her eyes and mouth as she smiled. "I'm sorry, I must of surprised you. I mean you no harm."

I stared at her in silence, unsure if I was supposed to respond.

"My name is Mimi. I was the one who put your bandages on."

I somewhat relax at her words but glanced around to see if that man was here. This lady seemed nice but I really wanted to see him.

I opened my mouth to ask her but only a small squeak escaped.

"Let me get you some water." Mimi seemed to understand that I was trying to speak and waved her hand causing a glass of water to suddenly appear in mid-air, floating on nothing.

The glass floated over to me as I gaped at it. I carefully put my hand over and under the glass and felt nothing. 

"The glass is being held by magic Dear." Mimi chuckles at my reaction. "Go ahead and take it."

I glance up at her for a moment before doing as she says and held the glass with both hands.

Cold refreshing water washed the sandy feeling from my mouth and made my throat feel better causing me to quickly drink the rest. 

"W-where is the p-person who brought me h-here?" My voice cracked a little as I spoke. 

"The master?" Mimi says with surprise. "Would you like to go see him?"

I nod, avoiding speaking again.

"Is it okay for me to pick you up?" She asks, kneeling in front of me. 

I looked at the white thing in front of her dress and remembered how dirty I got the white things above me before shaking my head.

"Your wounds haven't had enough time to heal." Mimi says patiently. 

"I-i don't want you to get dirty." I looked away, fighting the urge to cry.

Mimi seems to pause before taking my hand in hers.

"Clothes can be washed clean. You don't need to be worried."

I clenched her hand but shook my head again. 

"You can't take a bath just yet.... how about this?" Mimi waves her hand as shiny sparkles flew up into the air before swirling around me. 

As each sparkle touched my skin, the dirt and grime disappeared; leaving me with very pale skin where even there wasn't a bandage.

"Wow!!!!" I couldn't help but gasp in surprise as Mimi watched at my reaction. "I-is this magic too?"

"Yes. A simple cleaning spell." Mimi responds with a smile. "Though it doesn't beat an actual bath, it's quite useful.... Would it be okay now for me to carry you?"

I nod as the sparkles fade and Mimi scoops me up into her arms before heading towards the door. 

Hi!!!!!!!! It's a me! (Sorry, I've been playing Mario Kart a lot lately) I'm glad to see all of you!🥰🥰🥰

I meant to post this yesterday but didn't finish in time. But I did make it nice and long since its the last chapter of the year!!! (I really wanted to make a dad joke but unfortunately, I'm not that funny.)😅😅

I hope the new year is good to all of you!!!