[Chapter 8]

To say that you were nervous was the understatement of the century. These next few days would be the days that determined your future. You would either find out if you get to live the rest of your life in bliss, ogling some eye candy or if you would maybe never get the chance to see some of your favorite novel characters.

Over the next few days the maid and butler applicants would be staying at the castle while completing various tasks to see if they were worthy enough to be serving the extraordinary Milton family.

The only job experience you had was working at a few fast food chains and of course that wretched office job you never wanted to think about again. Those days of being trapped inside of a cubicle haunted your mind. Because of your poor job experience, your expectations of being accepted into a maid position were at the ground. Maybe even below the ground, 6 feet under. The only reason why you thought that you would maybe be accepted is because you mastered the customer service smile. That smile never let you down, not even once.

You could only hope that very same smile would once again allow you to prevail.

———

The warm rays of the early afternoon sun slipped through the cracks of the silky, dark red curtains. They poured onto a certain white haired prince who was just barely waking up, somehow making him seem even more ethereal.

"Prince Wystan... I hate to interrupt your beauty sleep but it's already twelve in the afternoon, the day is already almost over. I-I'm sure your father won't be happy with you if you don't get up soon." A shy girl with a short brown bob and silver eyes said, worriedly glancing down at her prince who lied atop the king sized bed.

Slowly, onyx eyes fluttered open and glanced up at his personal maid. He let out a frustrated huff and sat up on the bed. "Sylvia, you just wakened me so you could spend more time with me... That's the case, yes?" A voice which was so enchanting, even despite just waking up, never failed to reduce Sylvia into a blushing mess.

"N.. No! You know that's not the case, Prince Wystan... Have you forgotten that this is not your castle? We are currently in King Milton's kingdom on a business trip, and his castle no less! It — It would be showing disrespect if you sleep in so late." Sylvia muttered out, not being able to keep eye contact with her flirtatious master.

Wystan merely hummed and stood up, walking past Sylvia but not without twirling a strand of her brown hair around his finger for a brief moment. "Don't worry Sylvia, I was about to wake up soon anyways. You know I was only teasing."

He strode into the bathroom which was attached to one of the many guest rooms in the castle that he would be staying in while his father attended to business with King Milton.

He grabbed the edge of the counter with both hands, glancing up into the mirror through his wispy eyelashes.

Fuck, she pisses me off.

Prince Wystan was a flirtatious man, and flirting with his maid was not out of the picture either. Although he teased and flirted with her in a carefree manner quite often, he held no romantic feelings for her. At all.

Because he had so much experience with women, he can tell when someone is interested in him. That being said, it wasn't unknown to him that his maid Sylvia developed feelings for him. She played the role of a shy, oblivious maid but her wandering eyes and the lewd thoughts he could see through her eyes didn't go unnoticed.