[Chapter 5]

My friend made some art of Silas! It's so gooddd thank you, Leen!

Maybe traveling into the town on this particular day wasn't the best idea

Maybe traveling into the town on this particular day wasn't the best idea. You had initially planned on giving Silas a visit down at his bakery since it had been a day or two since you last saw him. You promised you would visit him again, after all.

Some mishaps seemed to interfere with your plan though. When you entered the town, you didn't fail to notice how the streets seemed to be even more bustling than they normally would be. You also noticed the.. well, lack of men. The streets were full of women and by the looks of it, they ranged from the homeless all the way up to the nobles.

The women excitedly chatted with each other, some even jumping up and down with glee.

'What's going on? And why is it so crowded? I can't get through.. Silas might be waiting for me.'

Was some kind of event going to take place today? You wondered what was making all of the women cause such a fuss. Deciding that you wouldn't let this stop you, you pushed pass the people blocking your way while frantically apologizing to each one and you rushed down the cobblestone street.

Hopefully Silas would be able to tell you what was going on. Perhaps somebody important was visiting the kingdom or an event was going to take place?

Silas' shop seemed to be closed and the door wouldn't budge so you knocked on it a couple times. A moment later, the door was opened by Silas who was wearing a gentle smile.

"Ah, (F/n). I didn't expect you to come back so soon. Come in, come in." He stepped to the side to make room for you. "Hi Silas! Smells good in here, what are you making?"

"I was just working on a cake that someone ordered. I'm glad you're here though; I was getting quite bored." He sent you a closed eyed smile which you returned.

"Say, do you know what's happening out there? The streets seem more crowded than they normally are." You asked, holding your hands behind your back.

He tilted his head to the side a bit and put his pointer finger under his lip. "You mean you don't know? The king of the Rosian kingdom and his son are visiting to discuss private matters with King Floran."

You nearly let out an audible gasp. The king of the Rosian kingdom, Vildar Irvine, was the father of Wystan Irvine. You felt excited, thinking about the possibility of seeing yet another one of the main characters of the novel.

You didn't necessarily hate Wystan, but you didn't like him either. In the novel, the flirtatious prince was a playboy who slept with every lady he could get his pale hands on. He longed for the love his mother never gave him yet he remained feeling lonely, no matter how many women he had slept with. He met Sabina at the ball just like the rest of the love interests and he fell deeply for her. The plot of the stereotypical playboy falling for a girl of lower status got repetitive so his character just wasn't your favorite.