Bees, shenanigans and runaways

In which Tommy bonds with Etho, meets Evil X as a person and not a bee, Tubbo and Ranboo discuss nukes and Dream visits Techno and Phil. Wholesome vibes.

This chapter has not been proofread :)

*

Tommy had gotten curious about Xisuma's special guest on the server. Through conspiring with the hermits against Dream, flying to Cleo and False for their respective everyday activities and adding a habitat for a particularly needy spider in his almost-finished tower, he had forgotten that the guy even existed. The fact that said guy was never around didn't exactly help his very busy brain but some days later, he remembered and he grew curious.

And you'd wonder how he managed to do all those activities and have so many questions at the front of his mind. Well, my friend, nothing was impossible for big man Tommy Innit! Especially when he'd been asking each and every hermit he'd come across about Evil X.

Was he at Cleo's learning rocket science? He'd ask how knowledgeable  Evil X was. Was he hanging off the edge of a hexagonal plate in False's base -beaten and bruised, barely holding on with one arm- whilst they were in the middle of a duel? He'd ask how skilled Evil X was with a blade. Was he strip-mining with TFC? He'd ask for a story with Evil X in it (the man only told him stuff that he already knew, though, just in a more theatrical and exaggerated, fun and exciting way). At the end of the day, he knew nothing more about Evil X though, because nobody had stuck around for the guest's somewhat-deadly shenanigans.

As sad as that sounded, Tommy couldn't blame them -not when the bee had released a whole ass Ender dragon on the server; he'd be cautious around him too. But, dammit, he was so curious; he had to learn more about the guy!

Tommy didn't know exactly why he was so desperate to meet the red bee again. He had seen him only on that one occasion at Keralis' when he, Ren, Etho, Xisuma and the host were playing cards- and that was only when Evil X would slip off Xisuma's shoulder to take a look over his shoulder (the cheater- yes, he still very much held a grudge against him; against them both).

Maybe it was that little voice's fault; the one that wanted to make sure that the environment was safe. That nothing would dare harm him in any sort of way. Tommy thought it was getting a little too quiet. It wanted to know who Evil X was, what he was capable of, where his base was, if he could bleed. Because, as Techno said, reading through the biography of an old warrior whose name had gotten lost in time, if gods can bleed, then gods can die.

And if Evil X was a god, then it must've applied to him too.

"Evil X? I've hardly interacted with him, really", Grian told him as they were setting up a prank in the shopping district -nothing major, just an egg catapult at the main portal. The avian wasn't any help.

As they finished the catapult, tested it on unsuspecting victims (poor Doc and Ren got egged) and the two mischievous pranksters went their own separate ways, Tommy bumped into Etho in Shade-E-E's. The shop was quite the peculiar sight: A castle that had a mysterious shadow cast over it. Like some magician had cast a spell to make it look eerie and -not ironically- shady even in the middle of the day.

He had not expected to find anyone in the castle look-alike, guessing that the hermits would not dare step foot in something that out-of-place and creepy. Well. He was wrong, because it turned out that the shop -yes, it was a shop- had some interesting deals in the form of services. The little redstone in the shop that had a mannequin of its owner was a fun thing to watch as it rolled in a well-hidden minecart from side to side behind a fake wall.

But then his snooping was cut short by the real deal. When he turned around at the sound of a foot going tap tap tap, he found the ninja standing there with folded arms, eyes narrow and white, teal-edged sharp ears and tail flinching and twitching at every little sound, a cloth mask covering up to his nose. Tommy might have had missed those details when he caught sight of the man back at the big gathering.