S2E7 ❂ Restraint ❂

:•:•:•:

:•:•:•:

"You will not go within fifty feet of Jackson Whittemore. You will not speak to him. You will not approach him. You will not assault him or harass him physically or psychologically," Mr. Stilinski reads from a clipboard. He sets it on the table harshly out of frustration.

"What about school?" Stiles asks.

"You can attend classes while attempting to maintain a fifty-foot distance."

"What about lacrosse?" I ask.

"Same rules apply to lacrosse."

"What if we both have to use the bathroom at the same time, and there's only two stalls available, and they're only right next to each other...?" Stiles asks. Mr. Stilinski glares at his son with his arms crossed, causing Stiles to shrink back in his seat. "I'll just hold it."

Deaton pulls me into an empty room. "A restraining order? What were you three thinking?"

"Jackson's the Kanima," I tell him. "He's dangerous! We were trying to contain him until we could figure out how to stop him."

Deaton pinches the bridge of his nose and starts walking in circles. He sighs and turns to me. "I thought I told you to be careful. Getting in trouble with the law—that's not being careful."

"I know, but Jackson's going around killing people. You could be next, I could be next, it could be anyone. We're all just sitting ducks waiting to be murdered! I know it's dangerous dealing with these kinds of things, but it's more dangerous just standing by waiting to be killed."

Deaton studies me for a moment. "Just promise me you'll be very, no... extremely careful, okay?" He squeezes my shoulders. "And try not to get in any more trouble with the law."

"I promise I'll be careful." I smile at him, thankful he's not going to punish me.

"But I still need to punish you."

Damn, spoke too soon.

"No TV, no video games and no 4Runner. Hand the keys over."

"No 4Runner? How am I supposed to get to school?" I reach in my pocket and reluctantly hand the keys over.

"Walk? Bike? Run? Stiles? You're a smart girl, you'll figure it out."

I groan and turn around to leave the room. "Deaton?" I turn to face him before exiting. "Thank you."

I walk down the hallway of the station and see Scott getting his own lecture from Mrs. McCall. I lean against the wall in the hallway next to Stiles and watch.