S2E8 ❂ Raving ❂

:•:•:•:

:•:•:•:

Deaton places the food down on the table and the two of us start serving ourselves supper. I get a scoop of chicken pot pie, mashed potatoes and English peas and put it on my plate. I take a bite and sigh in contentment. "Mmm this is good."

"I'm glad you like it. It was my grandmother's recipe."

"Your grandmother really knew what she was doing." I take another bite.

"How was school today?" He asks casually, but I can tell he already knows everything. He might not be my parent, but he sure as hell acts like it.

I pause. "Why? What did you hear?"

"On, nothing. Just that you and the others got detention for fighting. Care to explain?"

I swallow hard, suddenly the delicious food not tasting so well. I start explaining to him about what happened at school.

"This Matt guy," he says, "you think it's him?"

"I don't have any proof, but it all seems to go back to him. He lent Jackson the video equipment, he's always around when something happens. It's nothing to go on, but like I told Stiles—he's suspicious and should be our number one suspect since we don't have anything else to go on."

Deaton nods.

My phone starts ringing. I pick it up to see who's calling me.

"Who is it?" Deaton asks.

"Stiles."

He raises a brow and looks at me funny, a small smirk on his lips. I ignore his odd looks and answer the phone. "Hello?"

"Y/n, come to the station right now. My dad's finally explaining what he knows about the murders," he says.

I look up at Deaton. "Okay, I'm on my way." I hang up and get up from the table. "Stiles said his dad is telling him what he knows about the murders." I grab my purse. "If I want any information I have to go."

"Be home by 11," he hollers from the dining room.

"Okay, bye!" I rush out the door and to the sheriff's station.

:•:•:•:

Mr. Stilinski sighs. "The mechanic and the couple who were murdered—they all had something in common."

I lean on my elbows on the desk. "All three of them?"

"Yeah. You know what I always say... 'One's an incident. Two's a coincidence—'"

"—'Three's a pattern,'" Stiles finishes for his father.

"The mechanic, the husband, the wife? All the same age. All twenty-four."