Chapter five

Soon enough, we make camp again. It's now nighttime. We all sit around a small fire. 

"Never thought I'd say this, but I miss the glade," Frypan says, a tear rolling down his cheek. Everyone nods. I look at Roxy laying in Eli's lap. She pets Roxy as the puppy sleeps. I look into the fire. I just sit there. I don't think of anything in particular. I just stare, tuning out everything around me.

"You alright?" A familiar accented voice asks softly. I break out of my trance and look into his deep brown eyes. Everyone else has fallen asleep.

"Yeah... I just hope this is all worth it. Everyone that's died... I just want it to be over," I say softly, looking at the ground. He places his hand under my chin and lifts my head to look him in the eyes.

"I know. I want this to be over too. But everyone's deaths... they won't have died for nothing. The people that died in our mazes died so we could get out. We did. As long as we keep going, their deaths won't be for nothing," Newt said. I smile. I hug him.

"Thank you..." I say. Minho lets out a sudden snore, startling me, making me pull away from the hug. Newt chuckles.

"We should probably get some sleep," He says. I nod. We lay down and I immediately fall asleep.

I feel someone shaking me awake. I open my eyes and see Teresa standing over me. It's still dark out and everyone is asleep.

"Can we talk?" She whispers. I nod. I get up and we walk away from the others so we could talk without waking them up.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Remember when we talked in the medical room back at the WICKED facility?" She asks. Our conversation comes back to me. I nod.

"Yeah... why?" I ask.

"Well..." She starts. She looks at the floor.

"You don't think they did the right thing, do you?" I ask. Her eyes widen and she looks back up at me.

"No! No, of course not. They tested kids carelessly for a cure. No. What they do is wrong. But... we do need a cure. That part I agreed with," Teresa responded. I nod. Then the same idea I got back at the medical room pops into my head.

"What is it?" Teresa asks curiously.

"You're right we do need a cure. And we need to take down WICKED. I have a plan, but it's extremely dangerous and no one else can know. It's going to be difficult, but it's the best way to get a cure and destroy WICKED," I say. Teresa nods.

"I agree. What's your plan?" She asks. I take a breath, realizing how insane my plan is.

"One of us needs to turn ourselves into WICKED. Go to the facility or walk away from everyone for them to get one of us. We just need to make sure they don't get to anyone else. Just one of us. We have to pretend to be on their side. Help them find a cure. We will both have a communication device so we can keep the other updated. When the person inside WICKED finds the cure or gets close to figuring it out, they'll notify the other." I begin. Teresa's eyes widen but she nods.

"I'll go in. They brought my memories back because they believed I would come to their side. Plus, I have a little experience with medical things so I'll be closer to information on the cure. If you went in, they'd most likely test you again because of venom," Teresa said. I nod.

"Okay. You'd also need to send me information on WICKED. Where they keep the immunes, security and all that. It'll be useful in taking WICKED down and getting the immunes out," I say. She nods again.

"Okay. I'll wait until we get to the right arm. They probably won't notice I'm gone there. I'll go back to the facility. If I somehow manage to get ahold of one of their communicators, I'll call them and tell them I want to help them. I'll walk away from everyone else so they can get me and leave without anyone else getting harmed," Teresa said.