Chapter eight

Hand in hand, Newt and I walk back to the others. We hear yelling before we get there. Newt and I look at each other worriedly before running back to the others. We walk in to see Marcus with a black eye, chair tipped over, Jorge grabbing him by the collar. Thomas is now awake. Eli's still passed out and Minho is still seated next to her, Roxy curled up in his lap.

"Where's Bertha?" Jorge asks Marcus. Newt and I walk over to Minho.

"Who's Bertha?" I ask. They shrug.

"Where were you two?" Minho asks, eyeing us. 

"Roof," I reply plainly. "I see you still haven't left Eli's side." I smirk as Minho very slightly blushes. I barely notice it.

"Well she's passed out, I couldn't just leave her. Plus Roxy is on me and I couldn't get up if I wanted to," He replied.

"Mhm..." I say. Newt chuckles.

"Let's go, hermanos!" Jorge yells. He gets up, letting Marcus fall to the floor. I pick up Roxy and venom grabs Eli. We all follow Jorge out of the room and to a blue car. Frypan, Thomas Aris and Minho climb into the very back. Devyn, Teresa and Brenda get in the middle seats. Venom sets Eli down between them. Newt gets in the passenger seat and pulls up the middle front seat(the seat between the passenger and driver) which I get in, while Jorge drives. I set Roxy down on my lap. She walked over to the edge of Newt's lap, by the window, putting her front paws on the window edge, and sticks her head out the window.

I smile and reach over to pet Roxy's head as she looks at the passing desert. We drive for several hours. I end up falling asleep after around an hour of driving.

I feel someone gently shake me awake. I slowly open my eyes to see Newt.

"C'mon love. We're taking a break before we continue driving. To get food and all that," Newt said. I nod. I take Roxy off my lap(she had curled up on my lap while I was asleep) sleepily get out of the car.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" Teresa said quietly. I nod.

"I'll be there in a second," I tell Newt. He nods and walks off to join the others. I turn to Teresa. "Yeah?"

She pulls out a communicator. "It's from WICKED. Back at Jorge's place, one of the guys there called WICKED. He came to us and had this. I grabbed it after Brenda shot him." I look at the communicator.

"Okay. So does that mean you're calling them?" I ask. She nods.

"Yeah. I'll contact them at the Right arm. Away from everyone else so no one gets hurt," she responds. I nod.

"Okay." We share a look. I can tell we are both nervous about the plan, on the edge of backing out. But neither of us say anything.

When we get to the others, they have a fire going. Frypan is cooking meat. I walk over and sit by Newt.

"Hey," I say softly. Newt looks over at me and smiles.

"Hey love," He said. He wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer.

"Hey, ya shanks!" Minho yelled, plopping down beside us. I roll my eyes.

"What do you want, Minho," Newt groaned. 

"Well, I see you finally stopped being idiots and got together," Minho said, smirking. We both roll our eyes.

"W-" Minho started. He was shortly cut off by Frypan.

"Food's ready!" He yelled. Newt and I quickly got up and walked over to get some food. Minho sighed and followed. Frypan gave me the extra food and I gave it to Roxy, who eagerly ate it. I sat between Eli and Newt as we all ate.

"So what all happened in your maze? There's gotta be at least a few interesting stories," Eli spoke, finishing the last of her food. The boys chuckled.

"Well, for starters, Thomas here took off running as soon as he got out of the box-" Newt started.

"And face-planted soon after!" Minho finished, cutting Newt off, earning a glare from Newt. I chuckled.

"That's nothing compared to what Teresa did," Frypan added. Teresa chuckled.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Ran up to a watch tower and started throwing rocks down at the boys," Teresa said proudly. Eli, Devyn, Brenda, Jorge and I burst out laughing.

"Hey, those rocks hurt! Think I got a dent in my head..." Minho said. I laughed harder.

"You always had a dent in your head, Minho," Newt joked. We all laugh.

"Now, what about your maze?" Newt asked, curiously.

"Well, Eli here liked to mess around a lot. There have been many times when she's pulled some sort of prank on other girls. Especially the newbies. Gave poor Aris a rough time when he first came up," I say. Everyone laughs a little.

We stay up for the rest of the night, talking. At some point, I fell asleep, my head resting on Newt's shoulder. When I woke up, we were back in the car. This time, Devyn and Brenda were in the front seats. I sat between Newt and Teresa. Aris was also in the middle seats. Roxy was running back and forth on the floor of the car, tripping over our shoes.

"We almost there?! It's very uncomfortable back here!" Eli yelled from the back. Her, Thomas, Minho and Frypan were squeezed together in the back. I chuckled.

"We'll be there shortly," Jorge replied. I looked out the window and saw we were driving up the mountain.

"How long was I asleep...?" I ask.

"A while," Newt replied, chuckling. I look down and blush slightly. Soon, we get up the mountain and are blocked by several cars.

"Looks like we have to go the rest of the way on foot," Jorge spoke. We get out of the car.

"Ugh, finally," Eli muttered. I chuckle. Roxy comes running out of the car. I scoop her up before she can run away. We start walking between all the cars.

"Hey... guys, what's this?" Thomas asks, pointing out a bullet hole in one of the cars. Then someone shot at him, just barely missing him. A group of unseen people started shooting at us. Newt grabbed me and we ducked behind a car. I somehow managed to keep holding Roxy.

"Everyone alright?!?" Newt called out.

"I'm doing just fantastic, I love getting shot at!" I heard Eli call out. I roll my eyes.

"Okay, on three, everybody run!" Thomas shouts. I look at Newt, confused.

"What are they planning..?" I mutter. Newt shrugs.

"One..." Jorge yells. "Two..."

"Drop it!" A voice yells. It sounds fairly familiar, but I can't place it. "I said drop it!"

"On your feet!" Another voice yells. I see Thomas and Jorge stand. Can we get rid of them? We're on a cliff...

"No, Venom!" I whisper yell. Newt looks at me, confused.

"Venom wanted to throw them off the cliff," I quickly explain. He slowly nods, trying to hide his slight fear.

"The rest of you, stand and get over here!" The first person shouts. I look at Newt and we hesitantly get up.

"Hands up!" The same person yelled. We put our hands up and walk over, along with the others. Well, I put one hand up since I was still holding Roxy. Newt stands in front of me so they can't see me yet.

"Aris? Eli?" The first girl asks. The girl pulls down her mask.

"Harriet?" Aris asks. I step out from behind Newt to see Harriet and Sonya.

"Oh my gosh... Y/n?" Sonya asked.

"Sonya? Harriet?" I ask. I hand Roxy to Newt as Aris, Eli and I rush forward and hug them.

"What's going on...?" Minho asked.

"They were in the maze with us," Aris explained.

Harriet locked eyes with Devyn for a split second. "Well come on then," She said, leading us further into the mountain.