III

"...liv..." Olivia groaned turning her head away from the noise.

"My lady?" She began to stir hearing someone faintly call to her, "Lady Olivia!" Estelle called her name a little louder starting to gently shake her.

Olivia lifted her head up, a few papers falling off her face, her neck stiff from the pervious uncomfortable position she was just lying in.

"Mm?...Estelle..What is it?" Olivia groggily questioned the pink haired woman beside her.

She looked at her surroundings confused.

She'd fallen asleep at her desk trying to come up with a plan to find and meet Amos, the antagonist.

"It's time for breakfast My Lady, let's get you dressed, Madam, Master, and Lady Ophelia are waiting for you." Estelle smiled sweetly.

Olivia hopped down from the chair following Estelle to her closet as she scolded her on how sleeping at the desk was bad for her posture and health.

Olivia wore a light beige lacy dress, the slightly see-through puffy sleeves came down to her elbows, ending with a floral lace design matching to the bottom of the skirt, the front laced up in white silk. Her brown hair loosely braided.

Walking down the bright hallways, the large windows letting in natural light, she approached the dining room going over her (some-what) plan to meet the antagonist.

In the original novel all the main characters had pages long backstories and descriptions, after the first 3 or 4 Olivia just skipped past them to get back to the actual plot but, Amos just so happened to be one of the lucky first few.

Amos Ramirez, he was introduced pretty early on in the story, he was described as a handsome, magic prodigy. His snow white hair and coal black eyes, added with his mysterious aura, caught the eye of the female lead.

Truthfully though he wasn't all that interesting. He had a generic villain origin story and was too predictable, it wasn't very hard and didn't take Olivia long to figure out he was the main antagonist.

According to the novel, (if she remembers right) Amos should currently be in a abandoned tower in the forest that surrounded the imperial palace. Now all Olivia had to do was find him! And befriend him...

Which she had no idea how to do. But, she wasn't too concerned, she'd find a way, she always does.

Olivia entered the dining area, her fathers blue eyes flickered over to her for a second before looking back down to the paper he was reading. Her mother sat to the right of her father, who was at the head of the table, her younger sister seated beside her.

Olivia took a seat on the left side of the table, she left the chair closet to her father empty and sat across from Ophelia instead.

Seconds after she'd sat down the food was brought out. Dozens of plates of gourmet meals were placed in front of her, Olivia never understood why so much food needed to be made for only 4 people, she didn't complain though, it was delicious.

Estelle came over and placed a verity of foods on her plate for her since her arms were still too short to reach for herself.

"Well, since we're all here now, I'd like to speak to you all about something." Her fathers deep voice interrupted the silence, "In two weeks we will leave for the capital." He announced to the group.

"The capital? Why?" Her mothers feminine voice asked in return.

"There will be a noble gathering and I have some business to attend too." He explained calmly.

"Cap'l?" Ophelia's small voice sounded around the room. She looked at her mother curiously with big, innocent eyes.

"Yes, the capital. It's a big, beautiful city with lots of places to explore and people to meet." Her mother talked to Ophelia in a sweet voice, making the city sound like a fantasy. Ophelia eagerly listened to her, giggling every now and again.

"Are all of us going?" Olivia piped in, hoping the excitement in her didn't leak out with her voice.

Her father glanced at her indifferently, like he'd almost forgotten she was there, "Yes. All of us, it'll be a good time to make connections with the other noble children, so you must be on your best behavior."

Her father went on to explain how'll the gathering will be ongoing for about a week but they'd have to stay for the rest of the month so he could settle his work.

Olivia nodded silently, trying to contain her smile. Everything was going her way perfectly.

She'd just have to find Amos and befriend him in a month, easy peasy. He's just a little 7 year old boy how hard could it be? Children are easy to entertain and gain trust from.

Olivia swung her legs under the table happily while finishing her breakfast.

•:•.•:•.•:••:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

Olivia sat at the library window as she watched the servants load their stuff into multiple carriages, her mother standing out there instructing them where to put the luggage.

They'd be leaving in just a couple of hours for the capital, she could barely stay in her seat. Anxiously waiting for the clock to strike 12, she just loved when things went her way.

The Auclair dukedom was a 2 day trip from the capital so they had to leave a few days early to make it on time.

Olivia had everything basically planned out. The gathering was being held in the imperial palace and, since so many nobles will be together, a few will probably be held at their houses as well.

The gatherings were mostly for the adults to get together and catch up or talk business, they'd mainly only bring their children in hopes they make friends with a powerful households child and get a connection through the families.

She figured most of the attention would be brought to her younger sister so she'd sneak out and find the tower whenever she had a chance. She'd only spend a few hours though as to not raise too much suspicion.

The only thing she is still stuck on is how she'd befriend the boy. Olivia wasn't the most...um...likable person in her past life, she argued with others a lot always needing her opinion to be right and she just found people down right annoying. She was also always quite blunt so she'd hurt other peoples feelings a lot unintentionally.

The fact she'd had any friends at all shocked even her sometimes.

So in conclusion, she had horrible social skills and had no idea how to befriend a child.

But not to fret she'll figure it out, he's a abandoned, attention deprived kid if she just stayed persistent and acted as if she truly wanted to be friends with him, she'll have one down in no time!

The door to the library clicked open and she saw Estelle walking towards her, "Lady Olivia, it's time to leave."

She didn't even realize how much time passed while she was thinking. Olivia nodded to her and set off to the entrance.

She had to contain herself from rushing down the hallways and basically galloped her way down the stairs.

She smiled brightly to herself before climbing into the carriage and setting off.