XX

Small update to show, yes I am still writing for this story and haven't died yet!

———

         THE NEXT FEW WEEKS passed by in a blur everything blending into one as chaos ensued around Olivia. The duke was truthful in his words and sent a letter to the emperor with her request just later that day and after only two days they'd gotten a response back saying he'd arrive in two weeks time, everything after that was madness.
The Auclair mansion was filled with busy servants making preparations for the prince's arrival, the duchess' constant complaints, her younger sister's confusion, and Olivia's exhaustion.

Today was finally the day Ezekiel would arrive and live with them from then on and Olivia would be lying if she said she she wasn't a small bit anxious.

Olivia along with the rest of her family (albeit reluctantly) stood at the entrance to their home, flanked on either side by servants, waiting for the princes arrival.
Olivia took a deep breath and straightened her posture more, if it was even possible, as her sister bounced on her toes excitingly waiting for the ever encroaching carriage.

The horse drawn carriage that stopped in front of them in what felt like a blink of an eye, wasn't extravagant like one would expect it to be. It was nicer then most, smooth dark wood, intricate designs were hand craved in each of the corners, and finally in the middle of door itself was a large gold three headed dragon, the trademark symbol of the royal family. She wasn't able to see Ezekiel himself due to the red curtains drawn shut from the inside, a servant soon enough stepped out of the carriage leaving the door open and walking around the back to grab two small luggage cases.

A small boy with impossibly vibrant red hair stepped out after him, he looked cleaner and fuller health wise, he was still far too skinny and short for his age. His hair was cut shorter and smoother then it was during they're first meeting, it was a sort of contained unruly, brushed back to curl around his ears and frame around his face, his bangs hung loosely on his forehead.
His outfit wasn't anything special, a simple white dress shirt and royal blue shorts, long socks that came up to his knees and black buckle shoes.

Ezekiel looked a bit shocked when he finally looked and saw Olivia. She gave a polite smile and followed her parents as they greeted the young Prince accordingly, along with Ophelia with all her four year-old gracefulness.

Ezekiel approached them with faux confidence, it was painfully obvious how unaccustomed to this position from the stiff way he walked to the slight twitches in his face and fiddling of his fingers. He hesitantly approached the group and took a deep breathe, "Hello, my name is Ezekiel Esteban, I am the third im-" He stuttered and cleaned his throat once, "Third imperial Prince of the Esteban empire. I thank you, Duke Auclair, and your family for taking me in." He bowed his head slightly and looked back up, the Duke and Duchess looked on impassively and Ophelia bounced on her feet in her constant state of curiosity, Olivia gave him an encouraging smile.

"We welcome you as well, Prince Ezekiel, to our estate. I hope your stay here will be comfortable, Estelle will show you to your room." Duke Auclair spoke up and just like, that everyone dispersed.

Estelle walked forward from behind the Auclair's and grabbed the prince's belongings from the servant who still stood a little ways away from Ezekiel. Olivia followed the two up the grand staircase and down the west hallway.

"Hello, Ezekiel! Fancy seeing you again." Olivia said with a sly grin. "You look better then the last time I saw you. Not so much on death's door anymore."

"Ah, Lady Olivia, yes I am much better." He returned a nervous smile, "This was your doing wasn't it? This whole arrangement." Ezekiel motioned vaguely around them.