cheh. waqif

cheh. waqif

Love and Business is just the same, both have the ability to put you on the top of the world until suddenly you find that they can destroy you too

_

She cannot do this.

She cannot.

My feet tapping on the floor was the only thing that I could hear, although my loud heart beats were coming in a close second. The meeting was forgotten, emails missed and phone ignored, the only thing that kept running in my head was the message I had received from the wedding planners stating that Diya had posted her resignation this morning and that they were sorry for the inconvenience.

Fisting my hand, I held the glass of water, hoping that I could find a solution before I broke anything in a fit of rage. How is that I was always so calm and thoughtful but when it was about Diya, my mind betrays all the mediation and mindfulness I practiced. I had to get Diya onboard and I had to get married with her watching me with her teary eyes. She had to stand right in front of me as she watched all her childhood dreams crash, she had to stand amidst the royalty which she would never ever get in this lifetime atleast and watch how worthless she was in my life.

The knock at the cabin door put my chain of thoughts at rest as my receptionist entered, "Shyra Ma'am is here and she wants to talk to you."

"Send her," I said, sitting on the chair and trying to relax while Shyra entered, looking beautiful as always in her long summer gown, and she told her assistant to wait outside and smiled at me.

"Hey, Ishaan," 

I stood up to greet her and she side hugged me, Shyra always smelled so fresh and soothing. Unfortunately, I was used to the smell of dirt and mud, and no lavender could erase that smell off my senses. 

"What is with the wedding planning team?" She asked, as I pulled the chair for her and she sat, thanking me, "I heard they do not want to work anymore? For what reason?"

Making my way back to my seat, I glanced at Shyra, if she was a rich snob like we all were, she would be outrageous and mad, demanding answers to why anyone would back off her wedding and throw a fit of being powerful and rich, but I had learnt in these six months that Shyra was not only very rich, she was very humble too. 

On learning how kind she was, I scoffed, I had told her to not be this humble because rich and humble people were always at the losing end, but Shyra had only laughed.

"I have no idea," I lied, looking at her while she admired the cabin, especially the desk photo frames and then met my gaze, "I thought you had a photo shoot today?"

"I did, but is the wedding not more important than the photo shoot?" She raised her brows at me, challenging me while I shrugged, a small smile hitting my lips.