Not Again

Not Again

I have probably been asleep for the past three days.

As in, I haven't left bed.

It's fun being your own boss.

But I know I'm now behind on work.

As I'm about to close my eyes to start my fourth day of sleep someone is banging on my front door.

I grab my holopad.

I see Niel, Oscar, Cedric, and Preston. As I'm about to ignore and pretend I never saw them I see a cup of MCH chocolate milk.

But I unlocked my door from bed before realizing what I've done.

"Sofie?"

I burry myself in bed.

I hear bickering.

"She can't still be sleeping-"

"I doubt that. No one has seen her in a couple of days she probably went full work mode-"

I hear my door open, "oh she's sleeping." It's Niel.

"How could she open the door if she was sleeping?" I hear Preston.

Oscar groans. "She has every possible device that can open the door on her bed."

"Sooo who's waking her up?" Cedric asks and all of the others say, "not it."

"You people are lame."

"Baylor wake up!" Cedric yanks my blanket and I tackle him to the ground.

"Never do that a-ugh"

I get off of him, I have a head rush.

"You have got to be kidding me." Oscar mutters.

The others question.

"She's been in bed for the past three and a half days. Her head hurts because she hasn't moved or eaten!" Oscar scolds me.

"I'll block your access to my cameras." I sigh.

"Anyways. Men. Out. She needs to situate herself and Sofie when you are done. Breakfast will be done."

Oscar's POV

"Why are we making her breakfast?" Preston asks.

"Would you rather a conflicted Sofie or a distressed one? She obviously doesn't know."

"How about the reason she's been in bed-"

Nathaniel cuts off his brother, "she's been awake for weeks, she's exhausted."

"How would you know that?"

I chortle.

Cedric questions me.

"They are connected. He can feel what she does. They've probably been exhausted and had the best sleep they've ever had in a while."

"What?"

"Niel how'd you sleep?" I can't help but laugh.

"Great until yesterday when the news came out!"

"Okay so some sleep is just a coincidence-"

I open my files on Sofie's holoscreen.

I play one of the clips of Niel in training.

Then I force him to watch. As I'm in holding him down against his will.

"Oscar?" Cedric and Preston question me.

Niel starts trying to force his way out of my grasp. "Oscar let go of me!" He says in a low growl.