24 - 𝘚𝘶𝘨𝘢𝘳 𝘝𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘮

I held the weighted metal in my hand, feeling it's cold ridges and the power it gave me. It scared me, this little thing gave me so much power.   

This was the first time I ever held anything like this. Something made to take a life away with the blink of an eye and a single movement from my index finger.

I wasn't going to actually pull the trigger. I just needed to scare her somehow, and from how she acts so far, she's not scared of anyone or anything.

I needed her to confess to killing Scar, that's all. A small easy confession. If something else were to happen, maybe she jumps at me or runs towards me and I pull it in self defense. That won't be my fault now would it?

Maybe I secretly hoped she would jump at me.

I wrapped the gun in an extra shirt I had in the car and hid it in the back of the glove department. The keys hooked up to the car and I began to drive away from the Huntsman to Billie's.

The roads are so much more bumpy and rough compared to the Hamptons, I could feel every rock and pothole my tires drove over. The frost painted the land in a slippery sheet of ice causing the car to slide a little.

I drove back home in silence.  No music, no radio, no podcasts just my thoughts which I had to get straight by Saturday night....the night everything will go down and i will finally confront Scars murderer.

My heart was still in love with Billie, how could I not be? I didn't know where we stood now. Why was the moon ring hidden in her room and why was the autopsy file on her laptop?...Why does she keep lying to me?

Questions upon questions that I longed the answers for,  swirled around my head. I didn't even realize I was in Billie's driveway.

I stepped out and walked to the familiar bungalow and knocked on the door as the porch lights shined on my forehead. I waited for someone to answer while I held the vegan apple crumble pie in my hands.

Never go to someone's house empty handed. My mothers voice rang in my head. I couldn't even eat apples but it was the only vegan option they had.

"Hi baby, oh what's this?" She opened the door, a breeze from the chilly air outside brushed through her black hair. She wore a pretty much all black outfit , making her blue eyes more prominent. More intimidating.

"Just a pie! I didn't really know what to bring you didn't tell me." I say stepping into the warm home and hugging  her for a moment smelling the sweet vanilla aroma she owned. I missed it.

"That's because I didn't want you to bring anything. Come on, everything's basically ready." Billie laughs and takes me into the kitchen.

The warm cozy air embraced me as I walked around the house. I looked in the dining room and saw Finn and their dad laughing at the table with pepper under it while Billie and her mom were putting on oven mitts to bring everything to the table.

We all sat down in front of the gorgeous table filled with some of the best steamy mouth watering food I have ever seen.

Perfectly roasted potatoes, creamy cashew mushroom gravy over stuffed butternut squash, fluffy stuffing with sweet cranberry sauce and the most delicious looking arugula salad filled with pears, pomegranate seeds, feta, and crunchy walnuts topped with a ginger lemon glaze.

Not to forget the fluffiest butter bread rolls Billie said she made , which were the best I've ever had. Absolute perfection.

Sitting here in the aromatic filled room and hearing laughs from her family reminded me of the time we first had dinner together in her backyard.