ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys! So sorry for the late update but I was trying to finish Your Promise before focusing on this story. Now that I've completed Your Promise, a lot more chapters will be coming out quicker. Thanks to everyone who's been patiently waiting!

And now, please enjoy this brand new chapter! ❤

"ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴜɪɴ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀꜱ ꜱʜɪɴɪɴɢ?" 

ᴛᴀʏʟᴏʀ ꜱᴡɪꜰᴛ

The moment my body no longer feels numb and all my senses come back to me, I snap my eyes open and grab the hand that's about to touch my forehead, my breathing becoming unsteady.

"My Queen," a familiar voice whispers and my vision quickly comes into focus when I recognise the (y/e/c) eyes staring right at me. "It's just me, my lady. Easy now."

"Nova," I say the name of the young Elf, my voice extremely croaky. "Nova."

"I'm right here," she murmurs softly as she gently places a cool piece of cloth over my forehead, humming lightly to keep me calm. "I am right here, my lady. Don't worry."

"I—" I begin to choke when I realise how dry my throat really is. "Water."

Nova quickly passes over a large leaf filled with water, placing it near my lips and saying, "Drink."

Once I have my fill, my youngest attendant helps me to sit up and I exhale deeply when I lean back against the rock I was lying next to, trying to get myself as comfortable as possible.

"Where are we right now?" I ask and then notice Nova's nervous habit; both her hands grasping on tightly to her sleeves. "Darling, you'll ruin your outfit if you do that. Here."

As I hold onto her warm hands to stop her, she says quietly, "Please don't hurt them."

"Hurt who?" I question with a small pout and within seconds, my mind is overwhelmed with everything that had happened before the two of us were knocked out.

I just used some magic to put her to sleep. She's alright, (Y/n).

Even after all these years, you still look so stunning. Please forgive me for this, (Y/n).

You're as hopeless as you were 3,000 years ago.

No matter what I go through, nothing will change my feelings for her. She may never forgive me but I'm going to do whatever it takes to make sure she stays safe in this damn war.

To hell with the Demon King. If he lays a single finger on (Y/n), I'll kill him and any other Demon who stands in my way.

"No, no, no, no, no," I choke out pathetically as my eyes widen and then freeze when I sense two very powerful gazes on me. "No."

"My Queen, please," Nova says ever so quietly, clearly unsure as to how to react.

"Kill me if you have to but just let my attendant go," I say firmly as I can as I stand on my feet and then slowly turn around to face the Giant King and the first Fairy King, my hands shaking terribly with great anger but also fear. "Of course, I won't let you two have it that easy; I am not going down without a fight."

"We're not going to fight you, (Y/n)," Drole says, four arms crossed. "That's not what we want."

"Ah right," I say, scoffing lightly. "You probably want to bring me alive to the Demon King so that he can have my head. The perfect image for him; if the Queen of the Elves can be brought down so easily, so can the leaders of all the other races. Then I'll kill myself before you can do that."