ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ | ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys! I'm not trying to break your hearts, I promise 😭 The next chapter will be the second part of the Epilogue thus the final chapter of Fallen King. Brace yourselves, my friends; I have a cup of hot chocolate to get me through with writing the last chapter ☕️

Other than that, please enjoy this brand new chapter! ❤

"ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴀ ʟɪꜰᴇᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ᴍ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴍɪɴᴇ." 

ʀᴜᴛʜ ʙ

Five months later

"Why the hell would they name their first child after you, Nia?" I say and roll my eyes when the first Fairy King places a hand on his chest, faking a gasp as his amber eyes widen in mock shock.

"Just picture it, darling," he insists and spreads his pale hands above our heads, our shoulders bumping. "The first child of Sir Darval and Lady Alya, Gloxinia. Actually, scratch that idea. You know what? Maybe they could use my nickname? Nia could be used for either a boy or a girl."

"I'd rather they didn't," I whisper as we start climbing up a hill. "I gave you that nickname and..."

"And?" my husband gently pushes on and pokes his head over my shoulder. "What's wrong—"

"That was a name I gave you," I say shyly as I slowly push back a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Oh," Gloxinia says simply as he pulls back. "Oh, I see. That's a name for just the two of us."

"Idiot," I say quietly once we reach the top of the hill that oversees a mass of green trees.

"I'm sure Darval and Alya already have a couple of names in mind," Gloxinia notes and grabs my hand to drag me into the huge forest that leads to the Elf kingdom. "We'll find out soon."

"Uh-huh," I agree with him and let myself get pulled along. "How're your wings feeling today?"

"Good as always," my husband answers me and shoots me a flashy grin. "How're your feet?"

"We haven't been walking for that long, Nia," I tell him. "It's only been three hours since we left."

"Good thing we weren't that far from the Elf kingdom," Gloxinia says as he unconsciously rubs his thumb along my cool knuckles, his warmth spreading over my entire hand.

Ever since Adonis and Nova's grand wedding three months ago, the first Fairy King and I have been travelling around Britannia to visit different kingdoms and sites and these three months have been just so much fun for me. Knowing the Elf kingdom will be in good hands has allowed me to relax and enjoy my time with my husband who's been a huge goofball the entire time.

But while the two of us have been enjoying one another's company, there has always been the looming thought of my end drawing closer and closer. However, I don't regret my decision of keeping this a secret from the others because this has allowed me to see everyone happy and comfortable with their new duties and responsibilities in this new life where we're all free.

I may not have long left to live but these past couple of wonderful months have brightened my world so much more and if my heart is this content when I die, then it was all worth it in the end.

But what really terrifies me is the fact that I may be resurrected in a time when there are brand new generations I won't recognise. I mean, look what happened to my younger brother. It took 3,000 years before he was reborn again. What if that happens to me when I'm reborn again?