ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys! I had a completely blank mind when I first opened up this page but once I wrote the first sentence, the rest of the words just instantly came to me and I finished this way quicker than I thought I would 😂 Just to confirm, this chapter will continue from (Y/n)'s perspective since we're back in the present!

And with that, please enjoy this brand new chapter! ❤

"ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ꜰɪx ᴍᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ." 

ꜰʀᴀᴡʟᴇʏ

"To find out your only family was alive this whole time in these past 3,000 years is such a cruel thing for the soul and mind," my youngest attendant murmurs softly as she absent-mindedly holds onto one of my sleeves. "Why did you never reach out to Lady Gerheade, my Queen?"

"Because she told me she had no time to grieve," I answer quietly while we watch the two Fairy siblings hug each other and exchange soft words with one another. "And that she needed to be ready to serve the next Fairy King. The two of us knew where our duties lay so we parted ways to take care of our own people. I sent her letters every now and then to make sure she was alright."

"I see," is all Nova says before she winces when we can hear Gerheade's tiny sobs. 

"I missed you," I manage to hear Gerheade say and my heart clenches painfully when I hear this.

Grabbing onto my hair suddenly, I grit my teeth when sudden unfamiliar images flash through my mind; Meliodas carrying baby Nova in his arms; Elizabeth giving Gloxinia a grey corsage as a gift; an outstretched pale hand reaching out for my own; a huge toothy smile just for me.

"My lady?" Nova calls out worriedly when she notices my pained face. "Is everything alright?"

"Sorry," I say, hand falling to my side. "Sorry, I...wasn't feeling well for a second there."

Nova lets out a shocked cry when the ground suddenly starts to shake so I quickly hold onto her and we both turn to see the Fairy King's pet the Black Hound, Oslo, change into a larger size. He starts growling menacingly at the Commandment of Repose and Nova openly shivers when Oslo looks down at Gloxinia with his intimidating red eyes.

"No easy!" Gerheade cries out and then raises a hand to the creature as a sign to stop. "Calm down! Oslo, this is my older brother. He's not our enemy!"

"Oslo, wait!" the Grizzly Sin of Sloth yells in protest from behind us.

"Who can blame him for being hostile toward me," Gloxinia says with a gentle smile. "Hey there."

Surprisingly, the Black Hound listens and turns back to his smaller size so Gerheade floats over to him and strokes his head, saying, "Oslo here was born not too long after you first vanished, brother. As soon as he was old enough, he took your place as my protector. And now since I'm not able to serve him in the same way, he's been protecting King Harlequin in my place."

The sister of the first Fairy King laughs when the Black Hound licks her face and I can feel Nova's hold on me loosen slightly as she stares in wonder at this creature she's never seen before.

"Now, come on," Gerheade protests when Oslo continues to lick her. "Hey, stop that, Oslo!"

I narrow my eyebrows when I see Gloxinia's ebony eyes widen slightly as he looks closer at the Black Hound and he takes a couple of hesitant steps forwards to them, kneeling in front of them.

"You're one faithful guy, huh," Gloxinia notes quietly and I clap a hand over my mouth in shock when Oslo suddenly bites lightly onto the Fairy's head and starts licking him as well.