"The Silent Killer"

To say we were happy that Ronan survived his severe injury would be an understatement. He was hoisted up so he could eat and speak in a sitting position. We moved him to a house that was a little assembly hall in the midst of the Immaniter settlement. The walls were faded but you could still see the human decorations, testimonies of a long lost time. The Islendigur were silently eating and talking to Conor, who was very withdrawn from the rest of us.

"And who are you? You are a Laidir, I can see that, but we weren't officially introduced to each other before this nice little ball", Ronan asked, scanning Yrina from head to toe.

In return she trailed his nacked upper body with her intense gaze, liking what she saw. „So you are the funny one in your little friend group, huh?", she smirked, her eyes caressing his abs. 

Ronan's own eyes darkened. Like every other one in the room he heard the underlying sexual innuendo of Yrina's words. I watched, how his adam's apple jumped in nervousness. Sighing, I observed Yrina's next moves. Obviously  she let her charms play ...

"I am Yrina, a friend of Callida. And yes, I am a Laidir." Her gaze examined his big tattoos on his shoulders and torso. "Nice ink you have on you. It's not so often you see somebody other than us with it."

Ronan smirked. "I once slept with one of your sisters. Theos, she was wild and the best lay I had in my life."

Yrina watched him with a knowing look but didn't interrupt.

"I liked her tattoos so I got my own", he continued.

My Laidir friend took the design in. "Why a crow though? Why not something more fitting for a man like you?", she asked him.

"More fitting? Like what, Yrina", he asked in a husky voice.

We all watched with fascination how the two turned each other on. I shook my head. I mean ... hello? A few hours back we had a blood shed? A purgatory? But the heads and souls of creatures clearly worked in another way: they moved on.

When I saw Yrina's expression, I knew, she liked him in a very...physical way. They were attracted to each other and we were the witnesses to their little verbal foreplay. We listened in amusement... all but Atropa. She observed the two with narrowed eyes. 

Yrina bent over to touch his shoulders, stroking the outlines of the crow. "A tiger or lion, you should wear a tiger on your skin."

Woah girl, I thought, you know your game.

Ronan smiled. "Thank you, but I am happy with my crow. They are incredible intelligent, brave, observant animals and they love their family."

The big Dhaoine cleared his throat, but than his forehead wrinkled in irritation because he saw something in the corner of the room that was bothering him. He indicated to Atropa, grimacing in pain by his abrupt movement.

 "And why is SHE still alive", he growled with a disgusted expression on his face. „She should be dead by now for what she did."

His eyes widened suddenly, assessing the sleeping children in Atropa's arms. „And who let's innocent children sleep in that snake's arms?", he accused to nobody in specific.

I saw Atropa stiffen at his words. „Careful, Dhaoine. I saved your life, perhaps I'll regret my decision, wanting to revise it...", she snapped back.

", she snapped back