Parent Day Pt 1

A/N- I am so sorry for my absence!! I was writing chapters that were super hard to write (emotionally), and shit put me in a stump!! I'm so sorry guys!! I promise I'm back!! I'll update with part two soon (most of the chapter is already written). I made this chapter 12k words (wayy longer than usual) to make up for it. I love you guys!! Bye. Sorry again!!! -Amy

I had been avoiding Paris. I knew it was bad, but after the...outburst I had infront of him, I couldn't bear to see him. I was humiliated really, and the only thing that kept me from flinging myself off the highest tower I could find, was the melange of absinthe and alcohol in my system. I was absolutely shit-faced.

To be fair, most of it was in preparation for my mother's arrival, and couldn't be entirely blamed on Paris. I was jittery. My mother never attended Parent Day. Not for me atleast, so I couldn't fathom what prompted this impromptu visit. Well, impromptu in the sense that she had not attended it once in the span of my entire schooling career. Not impromptu, in the sense that she probably had this planned for months. Wilhemine Grace Fontaine did not simply "pop" by. She worked on a schedule, and whatever caused her to deem my existence important enough for a visit, was a terrifying concept to me.

I squeezed another droplet of magical absinthe onto my tongue, shuddering at the bitter taste. You were really only supposed to take one or two at a time, but I took eleven. I couldn't help it. I even dropped some into my eyes to get it into my system better. You see, after full, consecutive years of sedative abuse, your system got used to depressants, and now I had a higher endurance than most. It was a pain in my ass, and required more alcohol for it to actually work. So, thanks for that, Cypress. He was fucking up my life from the Gods-damned grave.

My hands were shaking, for once, not because of nerves but because of the substances I pumped into my body. Elixirs and alcohol and good luck charms. I felt I was going to be sick with how unnaturally full my system felt. I had overdone it, and was left reeling with nausea and intoxication. I wanted to shred open my skin and let all the swelling tension out, and leave me deflated and content.

I hadn't slept at all last night, restlessly pacing around my room and finding everything I could to occupy my racing mind. I was nervous at the looming prospect of seeing my mother. I didn't want to see her. I was perfectly fine left alone. Her visit was just an initiation of a problem— a confrontation— an oracle of my impending doom.

The absinthe kicked in after several moments of my pacing, and I sighed in relief, slinking to the floor. My hair was wild and tangled, disheveled from my sporadic raging at four a.m this morning. I didn't bother to try to brush it out, afraid of the growing amount of clumps of hair that I would find in my hairbrush. My face was dry as the Sahara desert, and was splotched with red. It was as though I had an allergic reaction to my mother. Even my eyes were swollen and rimmed red, looking unnaturally glassy from the absinthe. I was a mess.

My clothing attire was not any better. My ivory knee socks were bunched up at my ankles. With me having lost such a noticeable amount of weight, my socks were no longer able to remain up, having nothing to cling onto. My beige shorts were glorified underwear, and I didn't even have a shirt on, simply a cardigan over a white tank top. I need to get dressed; at this very moment, Ibet and Cesarie were probably already adorned in their beautiful clothing and preparing for the day. I was the only one who was a disgruntled, heaving mess.

I upped my music with a flick of my hand, taking a swig from the bottle of absinthe I had resting on my mantle. I enjoyed the chilled burn that cut down my throat. Heavy rock music blasted through my room at a deafening level. It hurt my ears and I relished the pain. Atleast it was something. I had trouble feeling anything of all, as of late.