Theorizing

"You touch me, and I suddenly feel a little less war torn. I am not sure what peace is supposed to feel like but I think it may feel a lot like you"— anatomy of rains

"You" I snarled, my voice lowering an octave. The demon emitted a noise resembling a whine, before shuddering. It was covered in blood, vibrant and fresh against its grey skin. Beastly's blood. Wounds littered it's long, slender body, informing me that Beastly had at least managed to hold his own for a little while against it. He had done some damage on the demon. Only it was not enough.  Beastly was unmoving, his poor frame now laying broken and bleeding on my bedroom floor. My blood sparked with anger at the sight of the demon. Rage. I felt so much rage.

I had forgotten how it felt to be this angry. I had not been filled with this deep hatred in a long time, derailed by the false pretense of safety that Paris had provided me. I had forgotten what it was like to be a creature of such overwhelming hate. I had forgotten how I relished it. I had forgotten how much power it gave me. Never again would I forget. In the end, it only be my anger that could save me. It could only be my anger that provided me strength. My current state was testament to it.

Power sparked in my veins, rushing me with so much magic that my head felt light from the flash flood of energy. I was glowing from it. I was a glowing being of anger and rage, allowed free rein in my own realm of magic. The demon whined again, sensing the power imbalance between us. Deep slash marks ran up the side of its head from Beastly's claws. A thick scar ran up the hollow of its face where its eyes should have been—a mark left from the dagger I had thrown at it weeks ago.

The demon seemed to remember the scars origin, as it cowered in front of me. Good. My shadow grew long, before rising behind me in a storm of black. Wind riled, swirling around us like a howling hurricane. Hair whipped into my face as the storm increased in speed and intensity by the second. With a swish of my hand, I slammed the demon back, growing a wall in the chamber to break the demons fall. It hit it with a wet thud, the crunch of bone echoing in the shadow realm. It scrambled up, still whining.

I descended, gritting my teeth with rage, "Beastly is dying. You nearly killed him" I snarled, slamming him upwards, relishing in its squeals and the high pitched, pathetic noises it was emitting. They were drowned out by the howling wind around us.

"You like to attack the defenseless? He was just a puppy!" I screamed, slithering vines of black around its limbs, as it thrashed against its inhibitions. It's shackles. My voice cracked as I shouted. The entire chamber thundered with my anger, shaking and swaying beneath foot.

"No. You're not going anywhere. You are in my realm now" I hissed at it's attempt to flee, my eyes glowing silver. My hand crushed into a fist, pressing the demon down with the action. It began openly screaming. I heard a sickening crunch as it contorted into a ball, before it's limbs snapped out into unnatural angles. I dragged it forth.

"You should have let the professors capture you. It was a mistake to step into my territory. You will find no mercy here" I raged storming right up to it. It was immortal. No matter what I did to it, it would survive. What was once gifted was now a curse. No matter what I did to it, it would survive.

A hollow cackle rose in my throat, hysterically growing louder by the second. It would not die. I could have my fun. It would pay for what it did to Beastly, and I would not have to restrain myself and my power, like I did with so many others. I released the bounds on its limbs, freeing it. I was giving it a chance to fight back against me. A fair fight. It would not die, yet I would kill it over and over again.