watching the sunset Once again

Merlin was sitting near the as he remembered the day he remembered his last day in Deria before the attack 

~flashback~

The raven-haired boy walked next to his twin, nervously but the elegance never left his frame and he still carried himself with pride. As the two entered the palace they were met by a panting servant who was a bit older than them.

"Milords..." He began

"Elijah titles!" the raven-haired boy warned the servant

"Sorry Merls, but your father wanted me to accompany you and Noah," Elijah replies

Afterwards the three walk towards Merlin's chambers. Noah leaves both Merlin and Elijah and walks to his own to get ready for the crowning ceremony of his twin.

"Merlin?" Elijah asks softly sensing his friend's distress.

"Hmmm?" Merlin replies

"Your get crowned as crown prince today!" Elijah says pride filling his voice

"Please don't remind, please. I beg you," Merlin says the pleading evident in his voice.

Laughing Elijah says "I never thought I would see the day that you would literally beg."

"Yh but you never will know the pain of knowing that an entire kingdom is relying on you to save them when they are in need!" Merlin says taking a sharp intake of air.

"That may be true Merls but I am capable of doing something else!" Elijah says with a smirk

"And what exactly is that Eli? Care to enlighten me?" Merlin asks curiosity evident in his voice

With a smile plastered on his face, Elijah replies "Putting up with you."

"IDIOT!"

"CLOTPOLE!"

Smiling Merlin says "good to know that you still remember that name!"

"How can I forget when you're the biggest clot pole in the world?" Elijah says shrugging the smile on his face never leaving

Both the servant and Prince laugh returning to their usual banter that was always at the tips of their tongues when they were around each other. After getting dressed Merlin walks out of his chambers with one of his best friends right by his side as his equal. With each step, their nervousness about Merlin increases. His heart was preparing to leap out of his chest at any moment.

The only thing that he could think about was 'Am I good enough to be the crown prince to these people? Will I be able to rule just as well as my father? What if I fail them and my family?'

"Merlin, can you please stop thinking so negatively? It's not even my coronation and I'm getting nervous. I also don't want a headache later," Noah says softly while walking up next to his brother.

"But Noah-" Merlin begins

Cutting Merlin of Noah says "No buts Merls. You are just getting coronated as crown prince. You are not getting crowned king just yet. But even if you get coronated as King right this moment you will make an amazing king better than our father."

Nodding Percival says "Your brother is right Merls. The people adore you more than your Father. No one knows the people as you do. And when you walk into the room remember no matter what happens that I will be at your side no matter the cost, protecting you, even if it means giving up my life. No hesitation."