04 : work for perk

I DID WORK.

I. DID. WORK.

Avery Ramos does not do work. He sits back and relaxes. With a grade point average of three-point four and perfect b's in a straight row, I did not even touch a single book my entire junior year until now. Valerie thinks it is a miracle and she drops her steel thermos on the carpet for dramatic effect. She thinks it is a miracle, I think it is for purely selfish reasons. All the work I did will only be useful if Kamil does his part too and I hope he lets me teach him my type of fun.

At school, Elliot wonders about the cringe-worthy note but ends up with no conclusion and I don't think she gives much fuck about it. She just presses me about what happened with me and Kamil. She hits my head like a fucking bell when I accuse her of having an obsession with him. It is not an actual lie, I do believe that Elliot likes Kamil or at most, she is intrigued by him. There are multiple reasons about how I can prove it. Beginning from how she compliments his lacrosse skills more than me to the extra fake giggling when he is here and the middle thirty-second disappointment when I told her that we made out. But Elliot is kind of complicated whose head and heart are in the totally opposite direction. And assumptions will get me nowhere.

Back to me, I am supposed to meet Kamil at the same park. According to the deal, he will have to bear with me first and then I will tell him about my research on our boring little town which is equally uninteresting.

The park is a small children's place filled with sand that finds its way into my shoes and stabs me. There are a few swing sets and it looks mediocre. Whoever must have made this, would just have created this area for name's sake. The place is unkept with weeds growing on the side and dust becoming a part of the equipment due to the lack of kids around here. I do remember playing with Valerie and other kids when I was in elementary school but that was the end of it. When I started middle school or almost about seventh grade, everyone started to get a little more reserved. And from what I remember, a family who had triplets moved from the town and some kids had a massive fight upon it. God, even middle school was full of stories I used to tell Valerie. Poor baby has to suffer my nonsense after the long days of her freshman year in medical college.

Kamil cuts my thoughts with all his pain running towards me. His hair is coated with oil, in just the right proportion and he wears a shirt and a jacket over it. It's not even that cold yet he is trying to gasp for breath like he just dropped out of the atmosphere. I think about not taunting me about how late he is today.

"Woah, what happened to you? Did someone die or something? Why were you running?"

Sweat beads his forehead, "Oh, um, no. I was caught up in some work. Sorry, then I saw the clock and realised that it has been too late—"

"It's okay, I don't mind. I would taunt you about it, but that would be it. Nothing more, what about you sit on the swing for a while?"

"No, it's fine." Yet he sat on the swing.

"But why did you come running?"

"None of your business."

"You literally made me walk to the library yesterday just because you said it was near. Somehow, fifteen minutes walking be okay to you but it's a problem for me. And that was just yesterday, today we are not walking. So you better tell me why did you come running and not riding your bike."

His voice comes out way too loud, "My parents took away my bike, alright?"

"Why?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay."

He nodded, swinging a little, "You did the work?"

"Of course."