chapter 52

Lucy's POV:

Me and dad have gone to the diy store today and we're in the paint section, why does there have to be so many shades? I mean an whole aisle per a colour is too much and there's not much difference between some like 2% more brighter. I'm going more grown up now and darker colours, I'm going with a plum purple colour and light grey to add light so the room isn't like a cave light wise. Dad said we're going full out with new furniture, furnishings and everything I'm so excited. Must be a girl thing cause at the care home only the girls got excited over re decorating the boys wasn't too bothered.

"Right so thats the paint all sorted the department store now?" Dad smiles

"Yep" I smile back and after we pay plus me adding blue to the checkout for the inside of my closet without dad noticing,

"By the way I saw the new paint" he giggles as we get into the car

"What new paint?" I ask playing dumb

"The blue one and whispering to Stevie shh it's for the closet"

"Who whispered that? I didn't hear anyone"

"You only gotta ask, anyway so you would like to go to a school?"

"Yeah"

"Well you're old enough so I suppose you could give it a try"

"Really?"

"Yeah, you have to do all your homework and get used to early starts cause you won't have a 10am start time and be able to do your work in pj's"

"I know, thank you dad"

"You're welcome, now lets go furniture shopping" he smiles

Oh god I forgot how much dad loves furniture shopping, he has such good taste but his taste with the prices isn't too good. Yes I know he gets paid loads but when we went furniture shopping for Paris's nursery the rocking chair was like $2,700 and that was in a sale. Imagine the full price. You can find nice furniture that's cheap can't you? Well I will make sure that I'll find something cheap and cheerful.

"Come on Lucy get in the cart" Dad smiles

"Not in the seat I'm not....I'll never get back out like Jermaine did that time ages ago"

"I wish I was there for that" he laughs,

I'm not an adult so I'll be able to get back out so I get in and smile at dad. He got the place closed as well so I'm mask free which as always feel awesome. We go to the bedroom section and I see 2 beds that stands out.

"I like that one" I smile pointing at the black one

"Ok" he smiles and picks up the card for it and hand it to me.

30 minutes later

"Watch out you're gonna crash" dad laughs as he runs up the aisle making car noises and the tire screeching noise as he turns a corner.

"I won't crash unless you carry on running" I laugh holding a plush steering wheel cushion we found which we aren't actually getting but it's all a part of the fun.

"You have reached your final destination" dad says in a robot voice as we stop at the bedding

"And I'm still alive" I laugh

"Hey, I wasn't that bad"

"Umm we crashed into the masisve basket holding all the soft balls, nearly hit a member of staff, ran over Paddy's foot"

"It was a bad day on the roads I guess....anyway we've arrived so let's pick out new bedding"

"Yep" I smile and he actually starts to walk whilst pushing the cart.