ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴏɴʟʏ ʜᴇʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ꜱᴏ ᴀᴍ ɪ." 

ᴄᴀᴍɪʟᴀ ᴄᴀʙᴇʟʟᴏ

━━ 🌹 ━━

"(Y/n), like I said, Prince Zeldris of Liones is refusing to eat until he sees you," Lenora tells me firmly as I shut my eyes and suddenly slam my head on the wooden table in front of me. "(Y/n)!"

"I have way too many things to deal with today," I say tiredly, voice very muffled. "Just please get him to eat something, Lenora. I won't be able to see him today and I just don't think I can—"

"Princess (Y/n) of the Demon race," Lenora cuts in coldly which send dreadful shivers down my spine so I quickly open my eyes. "You will make sure you complete all of your work by noon so that you can join Prince Zeldris for lunch. Now, stop your whining and finish your work." 

"So mean, Lenny," I wail as I quickly raise my face from the wooden table to see her crossing her arms and glaring down at me. "There's no way I can get all of this work done by noon!"

"Well, you better find a way," she says quietly, her cobalt blue eyes burning with determination. "Otherwise I'm going to make sure that you don't get any food for the next couple of days."

"Huh?" I shriek in horror as she gracefully dashes out of my bedroom and firmly shuts the door.

Groaning loudly, I slowly slump against my seat and throw an arm over my closed eyes.

Fortunately, my best friend is within my grasp at this moment which means I can protect him and make sure nothing happens to him. But what has me really worried is that my older sister allowed Zeldris to leave the Kingdom of Liones and come here to the Kingdom of Camelot. So this has me wondering whether Elizabeth has a hidden motive for doing this.

"There is no way you trust Zeldris to be in my hands," I whisper as I let my arm fall away from my now-open eyes. "What exactly are you trying to do? What trick do you have up your sleeve?"

But enough of this speculation for now. I'm going to make sure that I get all of my work done by noon so that my best friend can actually eat and take care of himself.

"Alright then," I say with a long sigh as I slowly straighten my back. "Let's get this over with."

━━ 🌹 ━━

"I kept my end of the bargain by allowing you to see me, princeling," I drawl, carefully watching the youngest son of the Supreme Deity as he nervously stares at the mass of food in front of him. "I think I've been quite generous by joining you for lunch as well, don't you think? So, why don't you eat some of the food Lenora and the others generously made for you? It's not poisonous—"