ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

━━🌹 ━━

━━🌹 ━━

"ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛꜱ ɪɴ ᴍᴇ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ."

ᴍᴀʀʏᴊᴏ ʟɪʟᴀᴄ

━━🌹 ━━

"You've been staring at her for a while now," the love of my life murmurs softly and I slowly turn my gaze over to him, my face blank, my seven hearts aching slightly. "Do you know her, (Y/n/n)?"

"Before I took over the Kingdom of Camelot," I say very quietly as I dip my head to the side, "we exchanged words with one another. If I remember correctly, her name is Isabella. The little one told me that she has no parents but...she has other family who take care of her, specifically her older brother and sister. I tried to warn her. But I suppose I didn't really give them enough time."

Hey, is someone trying to hurt you?

We can help you if you're in trouble.

"Do you want to go and say hi?" Zeldris suggests and I immediately shake my head. "Why not?"

"Are you really asking me that?" I say, pouting. "I ruined her life. I turned her life upside down—"

"You might have," he smoothly cuts me off as he crosses his arms over his chest. "Or you might have not. You don't know for sure, sweetheart. Come with me and say hi. If she turns you away, then we leave. But if she doesn't, then you can work things from there. How does that sound?"

I swallow down my nervousness. "You'll be with me? You won't make me do this on my own?"

"Of course not," Zeldris says softly, reaching out for my hand. "I'll be right by your side, darling."

Taking a deep breath in, I pull my hood lower down, covering my face a little. I start walking and Zeldris quickly follows my lead, his hand warm in my trembling one. But his presence calms me.

"Do you want me to call out to them, (Y/n)?" he questions once we're only a couple of feet away.

"Please," I whisper weakly as I glance over at him, his emerald-green eyes shining with fondness.

"Hello there!" the youngest son of the Supreme Deity greets the family. "Beautiful day, isn't it?"

"Indeed!" Isabella's older brother responds with a bright smile. "I hope there's more to come!"

My hearts clench painfully when Isabella swiftly looks up from the various crops that her older sister is picking. Her brown eyes gleam with interest and excitement once her attention is on us.

"Are you passing through?" Isabella's older sister asks, smiling politely as she dusts her hands.

"Yup," Zeldris answers her, grinning cheerfully. "My lover and I were just exploring this area—"