Chapter 1

"ChachiJi please stop all this....please" cried Naina decked up in bridal dress folding her hands in front of the cruel women who happens to be her paternal aunt.

Giving a wicked smile her aunt replied "I can surely stop all this....but I won't"

Saying this she left the room leaving Naina cry on her fate.

"Bhaiya....where are you....please save me bhaiya....please help me out of all this...I don't want this marriage...you know right I want to study further....they are forcing me into this hell....that groom they say....he is in his 50s....with 5 children who even are over my age....please come back bhaiya" she cried to herself remembering her deceased brother who was her shield, who saved her from every evil eye in this world.

***

"Naina...come its time to take you to the mandap....to your dear would be husband" called out her cousin Roomy. As she entered the room she was left shocked at the sight....all the curtains were missing from the rods and were tied end to end creating a passage out of the window.

"Maa...maa....that Naina ran away from the marriage" Roomy ran shouting to her mother.

***

Without looking back Naina was running to god knows where just saving herself from the people following her. Not caring to clear her tears she was just running putting every attempt to get out of their reach.

With the blurry eyes she missed out the humanly figure standing in her way and collided with him resulting both of them to drop on the ground with her over that person.

Recovering from this sudden jerk Rajveer tried to get up from the ground when he felt someone over him. Removing his shades he looked at the person and was awestruck by the beauty of the girl. Her makeup was smudged by the tear strains continuously running down her cheeks yet she looked angelic. She was shivering in fear and specially her tender lips...he had a sudden urge to calm her....to take away all her pain.

Raising her head from his chest Naina's eyes met his, she could already feel comfort and familiarity in those supposed strange eyes.

Both could feel a strange yet comforting bond between them while being lost in each others eyes...they were got out of their reverie with the villagers glaring and shouting at them while surrounding the two figures.

"Crazy girl...how dare you run away from the mandap ?" one of the men said

"Do you know the baarat is waiting for you....?" said the other

Not leaving a chance to degrade her, her uncle too started cursing "You good for nothing girl is just a bad omen for us....the day you stepped in our house you swore to ruin our lives....everyone there are talking about the upbringing you got...you never leave a chance to defame us "

Listening to all the commotions Rajveer stood up taking Naina with him and faced the people in wedding attire holding guns, iron rods, wooden logs etc. Fearing of those people Naina hid behind Rajveer trying to seek protection.

"Excuse me" he uttered trying to decode the situation

"why are you hiding behind this shehri babu" shouted one of the people glaring her while she hid behind a man in formals.

From his back Naina whispered her tale in short to Rajveer how her aunt and uncle were trying to get her married to a middle aged widower against her will. Listening to her plea Rajveer's anger knew no limit...he has always respected women and even runs NGOs for the betterment of unprivileged girls.

"If she said that she doesn't want this marriage then who are you all to force her" he roared at those people

"Forever we have given her shelter after her parents died...and this marriage is also for her betterment...her groom runs a big grocery store near our village...she will be happy" her uncle tried reasoning to an angered Rajveer.