Celestial Being - 3

"No." Hawthrone refused instantly.  

"It has the best psychiatrists in Utopia." James said, "You'll get great treatment."  

"I'm not sick," Hawthrone said.  

"You'll need to be examined to find out," James stated.  

"Do you understand, officer?" 

Hawthrone stood up, a gesture that alerted everyone in the room, even as some police officers had begun to touch their guns, but he continued as if he didn't care, "The test results don't show that I'm sick or not sick, merely that some people want me to be sick or not sick."  

The corruption in the upper echelons of Utopia had gone to the bone, and his antagonism to Falcone had long been made known with the help of the media, and even if Falcone himself was indifferent, there would naturally be people who wanted him to suck up.  

"...... You're implying that someone is trying to hurt you?" James furrowed his brow.  

Hawthrone frowned, the smile on his face finally disappearing as he gave a slight mocking chuckle, "You haven't even investigated why I summoned the gods, have you? You think I'm a madman, but you don't even bother to understand why I'm mad?"  

James was silent.  

It wasn't that he hadn't investigated.  

Rather, by the time he realised he should have investigated, all the information the police department could find out relating to Hawthrone had all been cleared out. It was true that they could find out more information in a more discreet way, but that would take time.  

The police have a complex system of operations, so they are not yet that efficient.

Perhaps, this is a side note that this incident of mass insanity may not be as simple as it seems.  

"We will protect you and your diagnosis will not be affected by anyone. Trust us." 

Gordon looked into Hawthrone's eyes and said sincerely.  

Hawthrone felt a little amused.  

If it were really that easy, he wouldn't be so desperate as to ask for help from a strange god who didn't know good from evil, and Utopia wouldn't be this rotten.  

Hawthrone still shook her head, "I am not going to the asylum."  

James frowned, he wanted to inform Hawthrone that it wasn't up to him, but then thinking that he didn't have to explain anything to the madman, he stood up and said, "We'll put you in a holding cell for now, if you have a lawyer ......"  

"Let's put it this way, officer, I think that you may have gotten something wrong." Hawthrone interrupted.  

It wasn't their side of the Police Department that was dominating the scene in this interrogation.  

James Wright's heart missed a beat.  

He looked over at Dylan Hawthrone, and the next second he saw a strange light raging in the latter's eyes. Then he heard, in a calm, even gentle tone, the madman before him say  

"As I said, officer, there are always things in this world that you want to try to do but are unable to do, just as you tried to send me into the asylum when you knew it would never be possible on your own ......"  

Before the words were out of his mouth, the handcuffs on his hands suddenly came off of their own accord and fell to the ground with a crisp sound.  

"Pretty hard to take isn't it?"  

"You - what's wrong with you!" 

James was stunned by the unscientific scene before him, had he just failed to get the handcuffs on securely? No way, with all the prisoners he'd caught, how could he have made such a simple mistake!