Chapter 1

In a large room there is a woman sleeping, the alarm rings and she turns it off before getting up and looking towards the bed where her husband was asleep. She then folds her bed away and places her pillow and blanket on the bed. 

This woman is none other than Mrs Nandini Manik Malhotra, and her husband Rockstar Manik Malhotra is the mans sleeping on the bed. Although they have been married for 5 years, this is how they have always slept. Manik, on the main bed while Nandini slept on the pull out bed. Occasionally Manik & Nandini might switch spots but they never slept on the same bed....not even once.

Nandini quickly went into the washroom to freshen up and then left the room. She walked down the hall to a room that had a poster of the transformers on the door and entered.

"Mayu....bacha uth ja." Nandini sat on the edge of the bed and ruffled teh hair of her 10 year old son. Well technically he was her step-son but she never used that term and she thought of the kids as her own.

"Mumma...2 more minutes." The boy, Mayank Malhotra mumbled.

"Mumma, aap isse 2 minutes toh kya...2 hours bhi denge toh bhi nahi uthne wala yeh. Kumbkarn kahi ka." Mayank's twin sister Arohi Malhotra entered all dressed up for school in her uniform. 

"Mumma! Dekho na.."

"Bas karo tum dono. Aru...tu niche jaa Navya chachi tujhe nashta de degi. Main Mayu ko utha ke aati hoon."

"Ok Mumma. Main aapki ACHI BACHI hoon na, toh Ill listen." Arohi said trying to irritate her brother.

"Aruu..." Nandini looked at her sternly. Arohi gave her a sweet smile before running out. Nandini then turned back to Mayank. "Mayu dekh Aru tayyar ho ke niche bhi chali gayi....tujhe school nahi jaana kya?"

"mmm....nope." Mayank replied. "School is boring Mumma, aap mujhe sikha do na jo bhi sikhna hai."

"Oye...shaitan. Tujhe bhi paata hai ki aisa nahi hota hai. Chalo ab Mumma ki raja beta ki tarah uthke tayyar ho jao." Nandini lovingly said. Mayank sighed and finally got up.

"Thik hai Mumma...only for you." 

As Mayank got ready for school, Nandini went downstairs where Arohi was sitting at the breakfast table with her two younger cousins.

"Good Morning, bacha party!" Nandini greeted them.

"Good morning Nandini chachi!" Pihu & Nikhil shouted.

"Nandini...Mayank kaha hai?" Mukti asked as she fed her son. Navya was feeding her daughter.

"Aa raha hai bhabhi. Aap janti hai na....utne mein humesha nakra karte hai yeh ladka." Nandini chuckled.

"Lo...aa gaya." Navya motioned to the stairs where Mayank was running down. As he got to the 4th last step he tripped on his open shoe lace and was about to fall but was caught before he hit the floor by Nandini.

"Mayu!" Nandini gasped in panic. "Tu thik hai? Laga toh nahi na? Dikha mujhe....mera bacha. Kitni baar kaha hai ki bhaagte nahi hai stairs ke upar? Aur yeh laces khula kyun hai?"

Navya & Mukti ran over with the kids.

"Nandini relax...dekho, thik hai Mayank." Navya assured her. "Hai na beta?"

"Haan Mumma, Im fine. Dont cry..." Mayank wiped tears that were in Nandini's  eyes. Arohi also went over and hugged her from the back.

"Tum na bohot burre ho Mayank...Mumma ko rola diya tumne." Arohi scolded him.

"Im sorry Mumma...phirse nahi hoga. I promise." Mayank held his ears. Nandin hugged both her kids tightly while Navya & Mukti smilingly watched their bond. Soon the kids were eating and the rest of the family also came down...except Manik.

"Nandini beta, Manik utha nahi abhi tak?" Nyonika asked. 

"Nahi Ma, woh kal raat kaafi der ho gaya recording se aate samay toh isi liye." Nandini explained. 

"Acha tu jaa aur utha de." Nyonika said. "Itne der tak soyega toh aaj bhi recording ke liye late ho jayega."

"Ji..." Nandini nodded and went upstairs to their room. She entered and found her husband still alseep just like she had left him. 

"Manik...Manik." Nandini called him from a distance. She slowly reached forward and tapped his shoulder. "Uthiye...Ma bula rahi hai."

"Huh?" Manik woke up. "Kya hua?"

"Manik sab niche aa gaye hai nashte ke liye. Ma bula rahi hai aapko." Nandini said.

"What did you tell her?" Manik rubbed his eyes as he got up.

"Ki aap kal aapki recoding der tak chala tha toh thats why aap der raath aaye they." Nandini informed her.

"Seriously? Koi aur bahana nahi de sakti tum?" Manik sighed in frustration. 

"Woh main..."

"Whatever...bachon ne nashta kar liya?" Manik asked.

"Haan....niche hai."

"Hmm...thik hai." Manik then went into the washroom. Nandini went back down and started packing the kids lunch into their bags.

"Raju bhaiyya!" Nandini called for the driver. She handed the bags to the kids. "Bache tayyar hai, aap inko school drop kar dijiye."

"Ji choti madam." Raju nodded. The kids followed but then Mayank & Arohi ran back to Nandini.

"Arre...kya hua? Kuch bhool gaye kya?" Nandini asked.

"Haan Mumma...something important." Arohi replied.

"Kya? Homework?" Nandini looked through her bag.

"Nahi...even more important." Mayank replied.

"Kya?"

Arohi motioned for Nandini to bend down so she did. Mayank and Arohi then kissed her on her cheeks.

 Mayank and Arohi then kissed her on her cheeks

"That!" Mayank said. Nandini smiled and kissed her kids on the cheeks too and then waved as they went to school with their cousins.

"Hayee...nazar na lage mere bachon ko." Cabir suddenly said out loud and everyone stared at him. "What? Mom yahi kehne wali thi in toh maine socha main kuch seconds save kar doon."

"Cabir!" Nyonika glared at her son.

Manik then came down. "Mom, Im getting late...main raaste mein kuch khaa lunga." 

"Thik hai par ek apple toh lee jaa." Nyonika said.

"Fine." Manik reached for an apple and then left, without even looking at Nandini.

"Kya hua bacha?" Raj placed his hand on Nandini's head seeing her look sad.

"Nahi...kuch nahi papa." Nandini replied.

"Kuch toh hua hai...Manik ne kuch kaha? Khotey kahi ka...rukhe main usse vapas bula ke danta hoon." Raj turned to call Manik back but Nandini stopped him and just gave him a hug.

"Nahi Papa...kuch nahi kaha Manik ne."

Raj slowly stroked her hair. 

"Main aapko kaise bataun Papa....Manik ne kuch nahi kaha. Par woh jaise mere saath behave karte hai....main kab tak bardasht karti rahungi? Kabhi woh mujhe ignore karte hai toh kabhi mere saath gusse se pesh aate hai....aap sab mujse bohot pyar karte hai, lekin Manik nahi." Nandini thought to herself. 

----------------------

Note: Thoughts on this first chapter? Pls comment below.