Chapter 11

"Hello Mr & Mrs Chatterjee.....Happy Anniversary." Manik greeted the couple at the door & handed them the gift that Raj sent with them.

"Oh hello kids! Pls...call me Pritam Uncle." The man, Pritam Chatterjee smiled.

"Aur tum log mujhe Aparna Aunty bula sakte ho." His wife chimed in. "Come in...let me introduce you to my two sons."

Aparna led the three of them to the bar area where two guys who looked about Manik's age stood, drinking.

"Armaan...Jeet, inse milo. Yeh hai Raj Malhotra ke bache." Aparna introduced the youngsters to each other. As Armaan greeted them, Manik noticed Jeet staring at Nandini with lust and he took a step to block her from his view. Jeet looked annoyed but Manik just forced smile as he didnt want to cause trouble. The kids ran off to play while Manik & the others started mingling with guests. After awhile, a waiter accidentally spilt a drink on Nandini.

"Oops...Im so sorry ma'am."

"Its okay...yahan washroom kis taraf hai?" Nandini asked. 

"Wahan uss hallway mein." 

"Ill come with you." Navya offered.

"Nahi its ok bhabhi....main bas abhi aayi." 

"Are you sure?" Manik asked.

"Bachi nahi hoon main Manik." Nandini acted coldly, still going along with Dadi's plan. Manik felt hurt and just kept quiet. She went off to the hallway which was empty and the lights were turned off as none of the guests went there. Nandini then turned the light on in the washroom and started gently wiping her dress with a soaked hand towel. While she was busy wiping her dress she heard the door close behind her and sensed someone behind her. Thinking it was Manik, she sighed. "Manik, I said I didn- t...tum?"

She turned and was shocked to see Jeet behind her. Nandini looked at the door and saw it was locked.

"Yeh...darwaza band kyun kiya?" Nandini asked.

"Well...ghar mein bohot saare guest hai." Jeet smirked as he stepped closer to Nandini who backed into a corner. "We dont want anyone....disturbing us now do we?"

"Disturb Matlab?" 

"Oh..playing hard to get are we? Thats okay....I like games." Jeet reached out and stroked her cheeks.

"Shut up!" Nandini smacked his arm away from her. "Kya bakwas hai yeh? What do you think you are doing?"

"Come on now Nandini....Im just having a bit of fun! Dont act like you didnt want this...Jeet Chatterjee ke saath time spend karne ke liye saare ladkiyan marte hai and here I am coming to you myself."

"Main saare ladkiyan nahi hoon...I am Nandini Manik Malhotra! How DARE you suggests something so disgusting? Chodo mera raasta!" Nandini said angrily. She pushed Jeet out of the way, unlocked the door and started towards Manik & her family. Jeet grabbed her by her shoulders and pulled her into the dark hallway.

"Bohot hua Mr Nice Guy....Nobody says no to me, do you hear that? So stop being a b*tch and just behave!"

"Leave me...chodo mujhe!" Nandini struggled, trying to get free but Jeet had a tight grip on her arms.

PUNCH!

Jeet fell to the ground holding his nose which was now bleeding. Infront of him stood a furious Manik. He had come looking for Nandini when he notice Jeet pulling her to the side.

"How dare you touch her!?" Manik growled.

"Manik!" Nandini cried in relief seeing him. She ran to him and buried her face into his chest. Manik hugged her protectively and carassed her back. "Yeh...yeh zabardasti kar raha tha mere saath! I told him to stop but he just wouldnt!"