Chapter 17

Granville Estate
Shrewsbury, England
The Duke of Richmond's Dinner Room

Granville Estate Shrewsbury, England The Duke of Richmond's Dinner Room

The Granville parlor was gleaming with ambiance. Everything was much easier to see while the sun had yet to set. Granville was more polished and strikingly charming than any home Georgia had ever graced before. The floors shone with brilliance. She even studied a few pieces of artwork hanging on the walls, none of which were portraits, but more so landscapes of nature in a variety of settings and different climates.

Every piece of furniture in the room was gold and gleaming with white marble floors underneath. Who wouldn't want to live here? Georgia thought to herself as a bustling sound came from the parlor door causing her heart to dip slightly as she looked up from the the paining of a nature valley that was commanding all her attention at the moment.

A butler scurried to announce Lord and Lady Hackett with a dignified tone as they both came entering into the parlor and Georgia rushed to her feet to greet her dearest friend with a puzzled look upon her soft facial contours.

"Why, dear Viv and Lord Hackett, what a pleasant surprise? Have you both been invited to dine with the Duke as well?" Georgia couldn't help the questionable smile that played on her lips. It was just after seeing Vivienne once today she had hardly expected to see her friend for a second time. What was Francis up to? She had the slightest clue, but it made her insides warm in an all too non-familiar way.

"Lady Pearson, " Lord Hackett said to Georgia with an affable smile and smartly bow. "I suppose that we have."

"My dear, Gi it is so good to see you again and so...soon." Vivienne quirked grinning while the corners of her keen, green eyes crinkled clasping onto Georgia's hands as their pair of silky long white gloves met. She noticed Vivienne too was changed and dressed in a lovely dark pink evening dress.

Just then Lord Hackett went over to greet Lord and Lady Willoughby as everyone in the parlor began to greet and converse with one another. Not even ten minutes later a tall man with a unusually round belly came dressed as a footman and announced the arrival of their, gracious host: His Grace, the Duke of Richmond.

Georgia along with all the other guests raised their head in attention. Having a Duke around in Shrewsbury was almost as like having a prince grace them with his presence, but Francis Audley was no prince. Though he was a gleaming and overly polished Duke, much like his estate.

He wore a velvety dark red waist coat, paired with a black vest, and dark breeches with his most cottony cravat and overly polished, black pair of Hessian boots.

"Thank you, Verdie." The Duke said unconventionally turning to the butler now 'footman' with a small, sinister smirk of approval and placed his left hand on Verdie's right shoulder as he was on his way out the room.

Francis took his time before allowing his gaze to drift over everyone in the room. Lord Hackett was seeming to make his way over in his peripheral line of vision, but the icy core of those deep-set, pale, blue eyes stared directly at her. His gaze drifted downwards to catch a glimpse of Georgia's bottom half surrounded by a pile of rich golden skirts, much like the couches and other furniture around the room and what he'd give to be the one to slowly undo all her Lady's maid hard work.