16 | sixteen

Melionë Brewer

I was sitting on my bedroom floor, packing for my trip to the cottage. We're leaving this coming Tuesday. Which means I have three days (counting today) to pack and do things with my friends. I was watching things on my computer as I packed my clothes. As I was watching funny Friends scenes on youtube, my phone buzzed. I picked it up and smiled at the name I saw.

______________________________________________________________________________

👼Golden Boy👼: Heyyyy precious

Melionë: Hi :)

👼Golden Boy👼: wyd?

Melionë: Packing

Melionë: Wbu

👼Golden Boy👼: nothin

👼Golden Boy👼: u wanna go out?

Melionë: L-LIKE ON A DATE?

👼Golden Boy👼: nO-

👼Golden Boy👼: well not yet at least

👼Golden Boy👼: just for a bit cuz i wont see you all summer

👼Golden Boy👼: 😞

Melionë: Sure let me ask my mom

Melionë: wait

Melionë: did you just say "not yet"

👼Golden Boy👼: juSt go ask ur mom and stop questioning meeeeeeeeeeee

Melionë: finE but im going to question you when i see you.

______________________________________________________________________________

I hopped off my bed and immediately stretched my limbs because I was sitting for a long time. I paused my video and made my way downstairs. There was a lot of stuff on the floor because Dimitri and Isaiah were taking things that we needed out of the garage and then leaving them on the floor. Most of the stuff was things from our last trip and I think they're expired and or not useful anymore. I tripped over my foot as I tried not to trip over anything else.

"Mel? Is that you?" My mom called, her figure emerging from the kitchen.

"Yes, sorry," I signed, getting up and walking over to the kitchen.

"I'm trying to decide on what road trip snacks I should get and make," She traced her finger down a paper she was holding, I'm guessing it was a list of things should get. "Is there anything you want me to get?"

"Tostitos," I signed. I haven't talked since yesterday. And I haven't told anybody. Unless Ace told someone. I would say I doubt he did, but I think he would talk about this with Jay or even Selene. Anyway, the bigger thing is I haven't told my mom, and I usually tell her everything. She's the person I talk to the most because she actually knows and understands what I went through since she went through the same thing. It's weird not telling her things.

"Do you want me to get the sauce too?" She chuckled.

I nodded.

"Okay!" She exclaimed, writing down what I asked for on her piece of paper. "So what did you come down here for?"