Chapter 2.

THE BEDROOM I called dibs on overlooked the snowy slanted landscape. As I got ready for bed, I watched the wolf pack pad next to the full window wall of my room.

I paused stepping into my pyjamas to admire the different thick coats. Before I realised it, I walked closer and placed my hand on the window.

A wolf with a black coat with reddish tints veered away from the pack to stand in front of me.

"Wow," I whispered under my breath as I admired his shocking orange eyes.

He closed his eyes and lowered his head for a few seconds before running off to rejoin his pack.

By then, the entire pack had noticed his absence and watched our interaction.

Why do they all look like males?

"Cause they are."

Hang on, aren't packs meant to have females as well?

"To my knowledge, yeah."

Weird.

Amelia's Olympic level screaming and jumping woke me up the next day

"Get up! Kate, get up!"

"Ugh," I muttered before grabbing another pillow next to me and stuffing it on top of my face.

"Come on, we're gonna be late! Ian's coming to pick us up in 30 minutes!"

I grumbled expletives as I dragged the duvet off the bed.

After I felt awake enough to face the day in front of me, I emerged to see the chef whipping up a heavenly smelling English breakfast.

Clutching my stomach, I sighed in content. "I wouldn't mind cancelling the day's plans for more food."

Amelia nodded from across the dining table.

Ding, dong!

"Dibs not going," I quickly said, unwilling to get up.

Pushing herself up with the support of the oakwood table, she waddled towards the door. "Meanie," she said with a pout.

It was as if the room got an electrolyte boost. My eyes raised to see a male a few years older than me come in and shake off the snow, grinning.

"Let's get up guys, not to dally. The wolves are waiting for us!"

"To dilly dally is the reason for life," I mumbled.

Amelia and I trudged up the hill as Ian explained all about the wolves

"James is the one with the dark coat with reddish tints. He's a beta. Liam has a black coat with green eyes. Blaze is his identical twin with blue eyes. Jesse is the grey and white wolf with a fur colour that completely opposes his personality. Fynn is the alpha and has blue-grey fur with gold strands. Got that?"

"They're also very intelligent, so don't say anything offending in their presence," he added as an afterthought.

We slowed to a stop when we reached a plateau on the slope. "We'll meet them here."

Ian lifted his head to the sky and gave a sharp howl that sounded too realistic to be true.

Summoned, the wolves emerged from their hiding spots, surrounding the three of us.

***

A/N:

Aloha!

How is everyone?

Where I live it's really hot - I'm having to wear shorts and tank tops (I'm a girl, if you can't tell from my signoff name).

For the past week, I have been literally jumping on my seat. No joke. In fact, I rewrote this author's note on the 14th... and had to physically restrain myself from pressing the publish button.

Anyways, how are you feeling about this chapter? Too boring?

What do you think might happen?

QOTC (which means Question Of The Chapter, by the way): what's the most interesting thing that happened to you this week (or just something you'd like to share)?
The other day I had forgotten to close the shower curtain. You can probably guess what happened: the water from the showerhead sprayed everywhere and my bathroom was all watery...😩 oof. I also realised the mess I call my hair. I was running my fingers through it while in bed and I found a double triple quadruple knot. I don't know what to do! 🤧

While I continue to pity my hair tangle disaster, run wild!

-Hilda

Keep an eye out for Chapter 3: 26Mar2022 (it seems just too far away >_<)