Chapter 28.

IF I COULD DIE, I would've killed myself a hundred times over.

Died of embarrassment, it would say.

If that was even possible.

But I couldn't because then I would be left in the dark regarding why I couldn't show off my new form. And dying would entail never showing my wolf to anyone but the boys.

No gasps.

No claps.

No cheers.

No getting down on their knees and begging for forgiveness.

No laughing at people's desperate antics to get on my good side.

No kicking faces in response.

Too far?

"Too far."

Okay, I squished my imaginarily-projected-in-my-brain thumb and index finger together to make an 'okay sign'.

"It's all Fynn's fault," I raised an accusing finger in his direction. "He's being dumb again."

"Yeah. Katie's innocent" added James.

Fynn's mouth hung so largely that I saw his tonsils inside. "You're supposed to be my beta!" he protested.

"Ha," I snorted a laugh and wrapped my arm around the good-natured Beta. "He's mine now."

Spluttering, Fynn tried to come up with a reasonable response, glaring and cursing the wild baboons of Antarctica.

A constant, steady tapping grew louder as Fynn's nonsensical words faded into nothingness. "Are you done whining yet, Fynn?"

Won't Fynn get mad at her?

"In usual circumstances, yes. Whining connotates child-like behaviour, which is basically insinuating Fynn is a child."

But?

"He knows he's being a nuisance, so he won't say anything. By saying anything, Fynn would be admitting his silly behaviour. The hit to his pride and ego would be too devastating to bear."

"Why are you here?" I asked the other female in the room.

Adrianne smiled. "I heard someone's wolf came out!"

"Yeah," I exclaimed happily. "Fynn's in a lull because he doesn't have a plan on what to do next. I suppose his brain capacity only goes so far."

"I can help with that," Adrianne laughed at Fynn's pouting stare.

Breathing in and out, I mentally prepared myself for what was going to happen

Breathing in and out, I mentally prepared myself for what was going to happen. Riana was pacing back and forth in my head, the thumps of her paw-steps not doing much in pacifying my anxiety and other emotions.