scaredy kat

A couple days later, after talking to Charlie about telling Lorainne what he can do, Sam brings Lorainne and Charlie over to his house in the middle of the woods to shift and tell Lorainne what happens to most of the boys in the tribe. They get out of the car, walk to the back of the house, and see the pack all roughhousing in Sam's backyard. 

Charlie and Lorainne sit down on the steps leading from the backdoor and wait for Sam to figure out how to explain whatever it is he wants to say, drowning out the sounds of Paul and Jacob fighting (again). 

"Lori," Sam says softly, walking towards the two Swans and kneeling in front of the girl. 

"I need to tell you something, and it's going to scare you because of your past, but I promise you, you've never been safer. I swear to you."

Lorainne nods, looking to her dad with a confused face before her eyes get thrown back to Sam, who started to back up. Before Sam could even do anything, there is a loud roar behind him.

Paul, ever so loving and uncontrollable Paul, has just shifted in Sam's backyard. Into his wolf form. And Lori is right there, watching this. She is too shocked to move. The scars on her back are bright red and burning intensely. What in the ever living fuck -

Like any 14 year old girl who has just seen something traumatic and shocking and scary, she starts screaming. Full on, the guy I'm in the car with is murdering me screaming. Then she faints. Like a normal person would. Paul, knowing he fucked up, is staring at what he has just caused. He's whining, because he knows he didn't mean to shift but Jacob is a dipshit who just got him so angry that - 

Sam runs over to Paul and literally throws Paul into the woods. He then turns back and runs towards the house where Charlie disappeared to with his daughter in his arms, taking her somewhere safe and more comfortable. 

Two hours later, and a constant string of apologies from Paul's mouth, Lorainne starts to stir. Sam had thrown the pack out, telling them to leave before they scared her unconscious again. 

Charlie is the first person to talk to Lorainne as her eyes open, asking her if she's okay and if she can sit up by herself. He helps her sit up, putting his arm around his daughter to keep her upright. She rubs her eyes with the palm of her hands, and looks at Sam. He waits for her to scream, to cry, to do anything. 

"So are you a werewolf?"