candy corn is disgusting

did i ever say when her birthday was? yes? well, it's in october now. 

October 31, 2011 marks another Halloween night and Lorainne's 15th birthday, where she's very slowly (not that she's trying to be slow about it) making Seth Clearwater fall in love with her and make him ask her out. 

She doesn't want it to be slow, but Seth is a freak and gets scared of Sam because Lorainne is Sam's imprint (not that Lorainne knows what that even is), and Seth is scared of making Sam angry even though Sam is very supportive of Lorainne's very obvious crush on Seth and his on her. 

The night before her 15th birthday party, Lorainne and Bella are sitting in Lorainne's room devising a plan to get her first kiss and make it with Seth. 

(Yes, Bella is being cool to Lorainne now. No one knows what happened and why, but Sam thinks it's because Bella is finally trying to get as much time as she can with her human family before she gets eaten. Figuratively. And literally.)

"I think it would be best if you just acted like you normally did, Lor."

Lorainne rolls her eyes so hard it hurts her head, and she squeezes her eyes shut and rubs them while Bella laughs hard. "No way, Bellz. That isn't how I'm going to get Mr. Scared Ass to kiss me. Maybe I'll pull him into the woods and just plant one on him while no one is around so he doesn't have time to look around for any of his pack."

Bella smiles softly, reaching out to push Lorainne's hair out of the girls face. Lorainne looks up, eyes sparkling as she watches her older sister look at her fondly. 

"Y'know," Lorainne starts, throwing herself back on her bed next to her nightstand, reaching in and pulling out a bag of pink Starbursts, "No matter what Jacob says, I'm proud of you. Live your life, bestie."

Bella takes the pink candy that's held out to her, smile wide as her eyes crinkle at her sister. "Yeah?" 

"Yeah," Lorainne says through a mouth full of Starburst (she stuffed 12 in there). "Who gives a shit about being bitten, dude. I think it would be sooo cool to live forever. But it must suck to be cold all the time. I'd literally rather die. Like, actually die."

besties will be kissing next chapter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we love to see young love

i have the last chapter written out and yall are gonna hate me for it (':