Ch 5 Yellow Stinging Insect

Before Liz realized it they came to a large stone and wood hut, "Hank! I need your help!" Jin practically roared.

"What do you want?" A male asked in a disgruntled tone as he walked out of the hut, he looked old and young at the same time, tall and lanky, with abnormally long arms. He still had a toned body, but it was more lean and athletic. His eyes widened as they landed on Liz, his mouth hung open and he appeared to be in a daze until another wave of pain shot up her arm causing her to whimper. "What happened to her?"

"She got stung." Jin stated as he held out the large bee like insect, which looked to be dead now. Hank quickly grabbed the bug and ran back into the hut.

Jin looked down at Liz and rubbed his face in her hair, "It's going to be ok little Liz, Hank is the tribe healer." Just as he said that Hank re-emerged from the hut, carrying an animal hide which he placed on the ground under the shade of a tree.

"Set her down." Hank instructed Jin, but Jin's grip only tightened around her as he sat down on the ground with Liz on his lap. She watched Hank as he crushed something in a stone bowl, then reached up into the tree and retrieved a palm size yellow fruit.

"Is that a lemon?" Liz asked between bursts of pain.

"This is yellow fruit, it tastes bad so you can't eat it, but it makes good medicine." Hank quickly responded, before squeezing the fruits juice into the bowl, but Liz could smell a strong aroma like lemons. "This is going to hurt, but it will stop the venom."

"Wait venom! Am I going to die or loose my hand?" She asked horrified.

"No, you'll be alright, little female." He said in a comforting tone, "But If enough of them had stung you than yes, so stay away from them and their nests. Jin hold her still." Hank instructed. Jin kept one burly arm wrapped around her waist and held the wrist of her injured hand out. Liz barely felt Hank remove the stinger and before it could start bleeding he coated the back of her hand in the thick chunky reddish brown mixture. It burned worse than pouring alcohol on an open wound, Liz tried to suppress the scream that was threatening to explode from her throat. Her brain was going crazy from the pain and she didn't even realize she was digging her nails into Jin's arm.

After about 10 minutes the pain began to subside, Liz found herself lying cradled in Jin's arms with her head resting against his chest.

She smiled at him half heartedly, "Well that sucked." She giggled tiredly, "What was that bug?"

"A yellow stinging insect." Jin informed. "Does it still hurt much?" He asked.

"A little, but I'm ok now. You were right Jin, it is dangerous around here." She said as she closed her eyes and nuzzled into the warmth of his chest, she didn't see the strange expression on his face. He was torn, distressed that he didn't protect her and she got hurt, but ecstatic that she was so openly giving him affection, unintentionally showing everyone that she is his.

"Were you after the yellow sauce? Is that how she got stung?" Hank asked Jin in an angry accusing tone.

"No." Jin informed spitefully, "We were looking for plants for her to eat, I found a bush of purple berries, the insect was hiding in the bush and stung her while she was picking up the fruit."

"What did you say, yellow sauce?" Liz perked up and asked a little to enthusiastically, gaining both males attention, then they shared a nervous expression before looking back at her.

"If you want yellow sauce I will get it for you later." Jin said, not really seeming to happy about it though.

"No! I just want to know what it is!" Liz said as she shook her head, before turning her innocent eyes up at Jin and looked at him through her lashes then watched as his expression melted from serious to gentle and doating.