3- can we be friends?

it was finally lunchtime so I made my way to the cafeteria

it was finally lunchtime so I made my way to the cafeteria. I waited a couple minutes so when I went people were settled down.

Lunch wasn't my favorite part of the day, i usually ended up skipping and going for a smoke or going somewhere else to eat. I never had someone to sit with or who to talk to so I preferred not going .

Maybe a pretty girl would be changing that now.

It's the first time i have felt- comfortable? with someone. It's been so long since people have even tried having a conversation with me so when Alina introduced herself it felt like everything else didn't matter at the moment. It was only me and her.

I hope I don't fuck it up.

Pushing the cafeteria doors open, students filled the round tables, it looks like a highschool movie. A table with jocks and cheerleader another one with stoners, and another one with kids that look like they haven't seen a penis and a vagina in their life.

You get my point.

Looking through the table trying to find the small brunette that has been on my mind this last couple hours.

A hand comes up waving in the air calling me over. There she is.

She already has her food and there's two other boys infront of her. I sit down besides her and tell her hi so only she would hear. She looks up at me and smiles.

My heart.
'Are you gonna eat??' Alina asks me, 'No' I tell her and nod letting her know it's okay.

'Here have some of my fries' she shoves a couple fries in my hands not even letting me refuse. 'No really it's-'

'shh eat.' she interrupts me.

Um okay.

The other two keep looking between us confused. I raise an eyebrow at them and they look away.

'They are?' I ask Alina who is happily munching away her food. 'Oh they're the brothers of Grays friend, they're kinda forced to sit with me' she mutters the last part making me furrow my eyebrows.

'Why's that?' I softly ask her hoping this isn't a sensitive topic for her. 'Um some guys were bothering me a while ago so my brother didn't want me alone at school' she says avoiding eye contact

'I will look after you ok angel?' I tell her and try to smile at her 'Can we be friends?'she asks looking up at me with her pretty eyes.

I raise my eyebrows surprised at her question. friends? with me? 'You want us to be friends?'
'Yeah! you're so nice and pretty' she confesses with one of her killer smiles.

'We can be anything you want pretty girl' I wink at her and she immediately blushes making me smirk at her.

Someone clears their throat in front of us making me take my attention out of Alina. The two guys are looking at us 'Um i'm Noah, that's Jayden' the one with black hair says and points to the blonde one besides him.

'Ok' I tell them and look again at Alina to find her already looking at me before she turns away embarrassed.

When she notices i'm not gonna tell them my name she does it for me 'He's Eziel he's my new friends isn't that nice?' she says smiling from ear to ear.

'does your brother know?' Jayden says with a serious expression making her look down and me to roll my eyes, 'n-no we met today' she says nervously obviously scared for their reaction.

'Okay well he seems good enough so we should keep going, see you later' Noah says and him and Jayden stand up walking out of the cafeteria.

Small fingers tap my shoulder, turning my head to look at her 'Can I have one of the airpods again? please?' she kindly asks looking up at me with her baby blue eyes, I could never say no to her.

'of course' I hand her my right airpod with metal blasting through our ears now. She definitely doesn't seem like the type to like metal but I want to see her reaction.

She stares at me wide eyed 'what's this??' she asks looking very confused 'It's slipknot, you like it?' I ask her

'It's..different yeah' she starts nodding her head to the lyrics of custer. Well seems like she likes it. I should make a playlist with songs she would like, I will ask for her favorite artists later.

I really love music, it's like an escape for me. I don't sing or play any instruments, just a guitar when i'm bored , I just like listening to it. It's a way for me to feel like i'm understood, like the songs are talking to me or understand exactly what i'm feeling.

Someone's music taste can tell you a lot of shit about them, you just gotta pay attention.

I was never a social person, so music way more of a distraction. I stopped trying to talk to people, always preferred being alone. I don't know how friendships work or relationships. I'm a 18 year old fucking virgin that hasn't even had a girlfriend or any..friend you could say.

No i'm not innocent, I just never had interest in doing something so intimate with a random girl.
I have read books with sex scenes and stuff like that so I believe i'm not naive in that topic.

'how old are you leo?' the beauty besides me ask interrupting my thoughts '18, how about you?' I ask her back

'I'm 16, I take advanced classes' she says with a proud smile on her face

She doesn't look her age, i would have guessed she's 17 or my age. Two year difference isn't bad right? I don't think it is.

'You're really smart then huh?' I tease her

'I mean yeah a little' she mumbles looking embarrassed making me want to laugh at her

'Hm that's good, no need to be embarrassed you know' I reassure her, still not looking at me I tilt her head so she's looking at me.

'What music do you like angel?' I ask her wanting to know more about her

'Oh I really like lana del rey, clairo, melanie martinez umm' she thinks for a second and continues ' mac demarco and the list goes on and on' she giggles, Cute.

'Do u wanna make a playlist w-with me?' I ask her carefully, nervous for her answer

She jumps in her seat from excitement 'Yes please i love your music taste!' she grabs her phone from her bag and gives it to me

no password? Nice

I type in my number and text myself a hi, 'Okay pretty girl I will send you a playlist and you can join and add the songs you want me to listen to ok?'

'Mhm you're also gonna add songs right?' she asks with a hopeful look on her face 'Of course love' I say and give her a wink

'Are you gonna do anything after school?'

She thinks for a while and answers 'No I don't think so, why??'

'Wanna eat ice-cream with me pretty girl?'