24- not a chapter

Yeah, so this isn't really a chapter I just need to (vent? ig). Here's the situation, yesterday a bush fire started in Wears Valley which is 40 minutes away from my school, 30 minutes from my apartment, and 20 minutes from my work. And guess what? I had to work that day. through my 5 hour shift I counted 56 fire trucks at least, 5 ambulances, 10+ search and rescue, and 2 police. There was ash in the air and I kid you not, I was covered in it by just walking outside. Not like I could just brush it off because it smears. At the end of my shift, my coworker was asking me why we haven't been allowed to leave and I was wondering the same thing.

So I drive home and for some reason the smell of smoke and the ash in the air seemed thicker. I don't know if it was from Wears Valley or the structure fire that happened a day prior. So I get home and eat my food from work since I wasn't given a break, and my mom calls me telling me that they canceled school today. She said if I get called into work that I need to take my brother to my dad's work. 

That leads to today. I just woke up at 9 am to yet another emergency alert on my phone. they extended the evacuation point to S. Rogers road to Blount County. Fine and dandy. S Rogers road is only 9 minutes from the apartment and we've been having strong winds yesterday and today so yippee doo. I went outside and I didn't see any smoke or smell it so ig we're okay for now. I won't lie though, I'm worried. I've seen what fires can do when there's strong winds. I moved to Tennessee the first time just before the Gatlinburg fires started which completely demolished everything in it's path. 

I'll post updates on my announcement wall if this develops further.