Don't do It ☁️

TW

Standing at the edge and looking down on a twelve storey building really does make you think about life. Specifically, if living is still worth it at this point.

Of course it is. Right? I mean, there's nothing wrong with my life. I don't think so. I eat reasonable times a day, have a roof under my head, I'm studying at a respectable University, I'm getting high grades, and I'm almost content with my appearance. So there should be nothing wrong. I shouldn't be thinking of what would it be like if I just took one more step. Other people have it worse, yet they go on, so why can't I?

I don't know where it comes from, this feeling. That's what makes it more confusing and frustrating. It's just there and I don't know where it came from so I don't know what the hell can I do to fix it. It just exists.

"Don't do it" someone says. A woman. I took a deep breath and sighed. Great. An audience. "What do you think I'll do?" I asked, still not looking at the stranger.

"I don't know, but whatever it is, don't." She replied and I chuckled dryly, amused.
I hear footsteps getting closer to me so I decided to go into a sitting position which made the person gasp and walk faster towards me. "Relax." I said. "Move away from the edge and I'll relax." She said and I turned to face her.

I was met with a blonde woman with the most piercing green eyes I have ever seen in my life. Panic and concern lacing her expression as I was now facing backwards to the edge.

"Well don't you look fancy." I gave her a teasing half smile, as I took in her form. She was wearing a silver dress with her heels matching, her face a natural looking make up, hair up in a bun with a few strands loose. "Don't you think you're a little bit over dressed for the venue?" I said jokingly, gesturing at the mess on the rooftop.

"Yeah I think I am, but I was kinda escaping people and I didn't know where to go so I rushed up here and I didn't realize the space is already occupied." She answered.

"Escaping people? What do you mean? You don't seem like a criminal to me. You're dressed far too formal to be one. Well unless you're what of those con artists." I said, still joking.

"Do you not recog... I'm not a criminal, I was just overwhelmed at the crowd at the red carpet, that's all." She said.

"Wait are you someone famous? Sorry I don't really recognize you from here. My eyes are blurry and I could only figure out your most prominent features." I said as I squint.

"Well if you moved away from the edge, you can have a better look." She answered.

"Ha, nice try." I said as I now laid down with an arm behind my head and a leg dangling on the edge of the building, and closing my eyes.

She rushed towards me again and stopped beside me. "Are you crazy?!" She freaked out. "I don't know, you tell me." I told her still with my eyes closed. I felt her sitting down and I was worried that she's now at the edge so I turned and open my eyes only to find her face inches away from mine.

She did have green eyes, with tiny specs of blue, almost unnoticeable, long lashes, the most perfect nose. She has the most plump lips I've ever seen. And she's Scarlett Johansson.

She pulled herself away from my face as I resumed my previous position and closed my eyes. "It's an honour to be graced by your presence, Miss Johansson." I said with a little smile.

"Just call me Scarlett. Not to be that person, but I'm glad you're not freaking out. One wrong move and you would've fell." She said, sitting down at the space above to my head.

"Oh I'll freak out. I'm like the biggest fan ever. I don't even know how or why I'm calm right now but trust me, it'll all sink in and I'll be falling for you." I smirked.