Fourteen

Two days after Margon's birthday party

Bucky's p.o.v

Steve was set on doing this for a while now, he just wanted to want for the right time. And apparently he thought now was best for this. I was mad to say the least, I was going to lose my best friend, but I was almost mad that he would leave Y/n. I mean he was the first to believe her and give her a chance when no one else would, besides me.

He had given Y/n the box which explains why he's leaving and everything like that, along with a few other things. I stood outside of the compound with Steve and Bruce Natasha and Scott were here as well.

Bruce looked up from what he was doing "it's ready to go" he called out to us, Scott started rambling about something "I got it, thanks Lang" Steve said while looking at him "yeah, I'm no problem" Lang said. Natasha went over and pulled him into a hug "we'll miss you Steve" she said. Natasha wasn't one to cry but she was on the verge of tears at the moment.

Steve went up to me "don't do anything stupid until I get back" Steve said, coping what I always told him "how can I? your taking all the stupid with you" I said, making him smile. He hugged me "be careful, and take care of Y/n for me" Steve said "I will, promise" I said when we pulled back. He walked up to the time machine. He gave us all one last look before stepping on.

"Three..."

"Two..."

"One..."

On one Steve disappeared. Bruce was the first to leave, then Scott who had lunch with Cassie, then Natasha did, she got a call from fury, family matters. I stared at the spot were Steve was, before signing and heading up to the compound.

Y/n pov

I still haven't opened the box yet, it was tucked inside my closet on the top shelf, I was scared. I didn't want to open it, I didn't want to face whatever's was laying inside for me.

What did Steve mean by 'not being there for the next one' that made no sense. I've tried to call him but I never got an answer, I left multiple messages but I doubt he heard them. I even asked Tony but he hasn't heard anything from him either. None of the anvgers seem to know, unless they're not telling the whole truth. But I doubt that. I even called bucky, he answered but hung up after he said he didn't know we're Steve had went.

It was like he vanished from the face of the earth, again. Maybe there'll find him in another 75 years.

I sighed and pushed up from my bed and grabbed the box from the shelf. I sat on the floor with the box in front of me, I opened the lid slowly off of the box. The first thing I saw was a piece of paper that was folded in half, I picked it up and noticed a box laying under it. I took it out and pushed the bigger box aside. I held the smaller one in my palm and opened the lid with the other hand. Laying inside of the box was a bracelet with the Captain America shield charm.

I picked it up and put it around my wrist, I made sure it fit perfectly before opening the letter.

Dear Y/n

Now that everything seems to be going better for you, and you seem to have everything figured out for you I thought it might be time for me to do the same, I hope.
Every since they took me out of the ice I felt like something was missing, then I met you and everything seem better but there was still a part of me that felt empty, and I finally figured out what it was.
Scott built me a time machine and I'm going back to Peggy, to leave out the rest of me there.
I hope that your not mad at me for doing it, and if you are I understand.
I have a bracelet to, can you believe that?
It's your favorite flower, so when I look at it I remember you, and I hope that will work with the shield.
I hope you get approved at y/f/c.

All the best wishes to you.
Steve,

I think I was crying but I can't be to sure, Steve was gone the one person beside Bucky who gave me a chance when they were told not to. He was gone, and I would never see him again. But I guess that he deserves to be happy to, because everyone does. But it all just still hurts.

A/n:
Y/f/c means your favorite college, what do you think?