FIFTY NINE.

"I trusted you, Bexley! I trusted you to go to a party where I knew people would be drinking! Because I thought you were smart enough to keep yourself out of trouble!"

Bexley stumbled back, a stuttering mess. "I-I-I didn't-"

"Thank god John B swung by to make sure you were here," Susan ranted. "Because apparently, you didn't spend the night at his house like he swore you would! God, you would've gotten away with it! You would've tricked me, and I would've kept letting you go off on your own, and who knows what would've happened?!"

"I-I didn't trick you! It wasn't like that-!"

"Where did you spent the night?" Susan demanded. Then she added, "And I'm only asking so you can clear your own conscience. I know exactly who you were with."

Bexley felt panicked. Susan had never yelled at her like this before. She glanced at John B, who sat at the table. He didn't say a single thing. He looked away, red in the face, not realizing how big of an issue he caused until it was too late.

She swallowed, hard. "Susan, I-" She was sharply cut off.

"Don't say 'Susan', because you weren't at my house! Who's place were you at?! I don't want to hear anything other than their name!"

She felt like she wanted to cry. Would that make Susan angrier? It always made Madelyn angrier when Bexley started crying during their arguments. "I-I didn't plan to-"

"That's not a name! Who were you with?!"

She was breathing heavily. "I-"

"Name!"

She barely caught her breath. "R-" She flinched, feeling like she was betrayed Susan, John B, and Rafe by admitted, "...Rafe..."

John B shut his eyes tightly. He seemed mortified that he didn't realize that's what happened.

Susan wiped a hand over her face. She turned away, her voice dropping low. "I'm so stupid..."

Bexley stayed close to the door. She defended herself from a distance. "I didn't plan on leaving with him!"

"But you still did!" Susan yelled, swinging back around the face her. "What did I tell you, Bex?! He convinces you to do things you don't want to do! And you keep letting him drag you along wherever he wants you to go!"

"No-"

"Don't say 'no'! That's exactly what happened! He probably knew from the second he saw you that he could convince you to go home with him!"

"It wasn't like that! Ask-Ask John B what happened! His friend attacked Rafe!"

For some reason, the name JJ would leave her mouth. She couldn't blame him, even if she wanted to.

John B scoffed, the first noise he'd made.

"Were you drinking?" Susan asked, ignoring it.

Bexley gulped. "Drinking?"