𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐬

when they spied all the benches on campus ground from the second floor window, kotoe and kuboyasu could not find any that was empty

there was always a couple huddling up, or feeding each other, or making out. or on the other side of the spectrum, there would be a bunch of boys messing around with one another. kotoe thought of suggesting to kuboyasu that they eat in the cafeteria or their classroom, but she then recalled that the reason that she was so excited for that day was the fact that they were going to eat alone.

as she caught herself thinking of it, a blush crept on her cheeks — and to distract kuboyasu from potentially catching her off guard again, kotoe immediately sputtered out that they should eat on the rooftop.

which was weird, by the way — no one really goes to the rooftop in pk academy. it's hot, it has no benches, and there is nothing to do as up there.

you would occasionally find the typical love confession up there — kotoe has received one herself, she would know — but no sane person would, out of their own free will, spend time on it.

kuboyasu, however, has never seen the pk academy rooftop. and he was curious. curious, like a little cat, with something glinting on the edges of his glasses — because kotoe was the first one to suggest the rooftop, she couldn't do anything but follow her own idea.

"never thought that you'd hang out in a place like this, kotoe-san."

he slid his back against the wall of a storage room, and she sat next to him, on her knees, without rubbing her uniform on the wrinkly texture of the wall.

"i've never been here either," the bitterness in her mumbles caused kuboyasu to snicker.

"you don't have to lie," he waves his hand, both feet planted on the ground with his arms on each knees. "i sense that boys have dragged you up here to proclaim their feelings. . ?"

she gasped, lightly hitting on his shoulder after resting the box on her grip gently on the ground.

"you give me too much credit." she fixed the legs under her, flattening her skirt to seem busy, coughing against her fisted hand to ignore the clumsy wat she seemed to be speaking. "people don't confess to me, they do that to kokomi—"

"i'm talking about kotoe-san, though," without letting her finish, kuboyasu cut her off, one hand moving to support his leaning body on the floor, "i don't need to hear about teruhashi-san."

she paused, holding her breath as she felt the spaces between them fade away into a novel sense of intimacy. one that she is quite familiar with, one that had stayed with her for a short period of her life. but also one that she is threading on the borders with kuboyasu.

"oh."

a novel sense of intimacy. a new kind of flowing companionship that urged kotoe to get rid of all her dwindling doubt and just jump straight into the river.