Chapter 17 ~ Rumour or Truth?

I was on my way to my room while those three woman stopped me

"So, you're going to be a concubine in 2 week like us..", Ganga said and I was feeling bad that I'm going to join them in 2 weeks. Because they don't feel good. I hid that feeling being expressed on my face.

"You think so? I don't really care if you do. But, I should tell you it won't ever happen in this lifetime. Even if it happens, Arjun will have the same feeling for me as now.", I said as they were gritting their teeth in anger.

"You think main consort will be respected in this kingdom after the news spread that she tried to sell me? You think Arjun will spare her?", I said with a smirk.

"Wait 2 weeks. Just 2 weeks and we know how to make you suffer.", Chitra said and I just scoffed.

"I know what I have to do if it happens.", I said and left to my room hitting Chitra's shoulder with mine making her stumble backwards a little.

I took out my watch from the precious box. The crown of the watch was still missing. I searched the whole room to find a earing that can replace the crown. It should be very small yet fittable.

That's when I got one thing. A earing. It's a small bead earing. All I have to do now is make the small drill like stainless steel metal that would fit inside it perfectly.

I got this idea when I was talking about the Jeweller. Earing is a jewel right. I kept the earing inside the box and kept it safely back inside the wardrobe.

I jumped hearing someone enter my room. I looked back to see Arjun who seemed angry. He broke a vase in the floor shattering it into pieces.

I flinched. Is he mad because of me? Did she start behaving bipolar again?

"Why are you mad?", I asked which is barely audible for him. He didn't reply and plopped on the bed placing his palm on his forehead.

"What happened, Arjun? Are you mad because of me?", I asked.

"No. I'm not- it's because of the ministers. They just suck. They don't listen to my thoughts. Today father said he'll be choosing the crown prince next week. When he asked opinion on the ministers about who would be best for being the next emperor, everyone pointed Ezhil. Ezhil just bribed them to. He's trying to take my everything which will never happen!", He said angry.

"I'm sorry. I hope you will pass next week's test. Also you have your marriage two weeks later with Aarthi. You'll be more happy and motivated. Am I right?", I asked testing him if he knew Aarthi marrying him two weeks later.

"What?", He asked confused.

So he doesn't know yet. The main consort should've probably talked to Arjun's mother and put on some other deal again..

"Aarthi said.. she will be marrying you as main consort next week and I will be the concubine of yours.", I said as he looked at me.

"Anyway. It's the thing that's supposed to be happen when I cheated you on marrying. I have no issues.", I said reluctantly.