Chapter 44 ~ Robber

I looked at him blankly where his full attention was on the blank wall

"What did the emperor do?", He asked without looking at me.

"You know.. you want to hear it from my mouth?"

"Kind of yeah.."

Your total family are perverts.. first, your brother. Now, your father.", I spat as he sighed.

"It isn't my mistake."

"It is"

"I said it's not. How can it be because of me?", He yelled.

"You were not even ready to hear me what I was going to say when your mother was killed. You should've asked my point of view right. Now, I'm saying Arjun, you don't deserve to be king.."

"You expect me to hear you when my mother literally died and you were with her with bloody knife?"

"Not all things you see with your eyes are true."

"I even checked the fingerprints in the knife holder. It belongs too none other than you."

"What!? It's Aarthi who stabbed the empress. Her fingerprints should've surely been in the knife."

"There was no trace of her fingerprints."

"There's no way..", that was the only word that left my mouth. I don't know what to say. It feels like, I'm losing my hope of being released.

"What did she say when you enquired her?", I asked and he sighed taking a seat in an wooden bench that was atleast 100 years old.

"She said she didn't come out of her palace at that time. Moreover, all the maids and soldiers saw her in the palace.", He said and that's when my hope completely shattered.

"You think I will really kill your mother? Am I that worst?"

"I wouldn't have if I hadn't seen you with a knife with my mother's blood on it."

"Oh yeah, it was my mistake thinking that you would believe me."

"No one would believe you if they had seen you with that knife."

"My brother did. My brother believed that I wouldn't have done such things. You're opposite to him."

"I don't care about your brother. All I care is about the truth.", He said and I scoffed.

"Truth? How can you see the truth when all are lie. You're the biggest dumb I've ever seen, Arjun.", I said.

"If it's true, then show me the proof.", He raised his voice as he was pissed off. Maybe, I was the one who pissed him off.

"I am the proof.."

"Don't play some jokes with me and show me a proper evidence."

"What if I show you proof? What will you do?", I asked and he stayed silent.