Adrik

I ran my hands through my hair. The dark ink covering my hands was a contrast to the blond waves adorning my crown. They fell in tangled locks down my muscular back.

I huffed a breath. There has to be a solution. The uproar in the demon kingdom is only getting worse. I need to find out who is behind these attacks on my people. Sitting at my desk, I slouched back in defeat. My men were getting nowhere. I was getting nowhere. The map displayed in front of me was marked where all the attacks had occurred. It made no sense, they were all random.

Hearing a knock at my office door, I looked up. Annoyed at whoever dared to interrupt me. Slowly straightening, I pulled a cigarette from my pocket.

"Come in," my deep voice reverberated throughout the room.

I watched as my second-in-command, Alastor, had slinked into the room. He adjusted the collar of his white button-up as he sat down in the chair opposite my desk.

"What is it?" I asked uninterestedly. Taking the cigarette between my lips, I lighted it with a flame formed from the tip of my finger. His dark blue eyes watched me.

As if noting my bored tone, he got quickly to the point. "I think there may be another way to help you," he spoke.

My ears perked up at his statement. "Go on," I probed, taking a quick drag.

"Well you know the tales and myths of fairy folk," he paused cautiously, "if you catch one, it will grant you a wish..."

"No," I quipped, irritated that he would even suggest such a thing. "That completely goes against the pact we have with them. It would make the entire situation worse. We already have one enemy attacking us, we don't need another."

"Sir- please, the demon kingdom is in trouble. No one will miss one little fairy."

His nonsensical blabbering was starting to piss me off. How dare he come into my office with such ridiculous advice.

He continued, "If you just lend me some of your men, we could catch one of them before the sun comes up. All of your problems would be-"

"I said no," my tone finalized. "Wish granting kills fairies and I will not be a murderer of the innocent."

That would make me just as bad as the fucker who's attacking my people.

His eyes silently demurred mine, hesitant to back down.

"As you wish, sir." He stalked out of the room.

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊

"How about Clover? Or Blaze?" I questioned out loud.

The fox gave me a blank stare.

"Well I don't see you coming up with any ideas," I mused

I was laying on my stomach, sprawled out on the living room floor. The fox and I were snacking on the rest of the berries from yesterday. My elbows propped up, and paintbrush in hand. I was outlining the berry stains on my white dress from the day before, turning them into flowers.

I paused to sit up and admire my work. There were now colorful flowers and plants embellishing the hem of the dress. I smiled at my skills, happy I could upcycle the beautiful piece of clothing.

The fox sauntered closer to plop down on the dress, wanting attention. I pet his head gently and he melted into my touch.

"Would you like to get some air?" I asked him rhetorically.

There were some things I needed from the market in town. I walked into my room and changed into one of my favorite garments. The color of the dress matched my dark hair.