Adrik

"And I want everyone ready at dawn," I commanded.

My head guard, Riqo, nodded at my words. He and a group of others will be traveling to the fairy realm tomorrow to find this mysterious author Han Montalli.

"What about the Fairy king?" Riqo asked.

"I will inform him tonight." First, I needed to find Alastor. He is supposed to be leading them on this expedition.

Riqo nods respectfully. He exits the office to get the rest of his men together and ready; leaving me alone with my thoughts. I stare at the open book on my desk. Why do I care so much about these torn-out pages? It's probably a dead-end anyway. I tilt my head back and run a hand through my blond locks to clear my mind.

Raven.

No matter how clear my head is, she's constantly there. Swimming through my thoughts and tainting my emotions.

Yet, I wouldn't have it any other way.

She's beyond perfect to me. Her long, silky, dark hair. Those big blue eyes. Rosy cheeks turn pink every time she blushes. Plump lips that spread into a shy smile.

My cock twitches in my pants at the thought of her lips. Oh, what I would give to have her lips wrapped around my-

A knocking sounds at the door, interrupting my thoughts. My jaw ticks at the noise. I clear my throat and adjust my tightened pants until my dick gets the memo. Through gritted death, I tell whoever is at the door to enter. A second later, Alastor slips into my office.

"Alastor," I lean back in my office chair, all prior thoughts of Raven were pushed to the back of my mind. "I've been meaning to speak with you."

"Then I guess I have perfect timing," he adds.

Well, I wouldn't say that. I clear my throat once more. "Riqo and the rest of the men will be ready tomorrow morning."

"About that," he takes a seat in the chair opposite my desk and leans forward, "I think you and Xena should go."

I lift a brow, surprised by his proposal. "Then, who would watch over the Demon Realm?"

"I would," he suggests. His eyes focus intently on mine as if trying to search them for a reaction.

Before I can counterargue, he continues to explain his idea.

"Thing about it," he lifts a hand in the air as he speaks, "You want the answers to your specific questions, and Xena probably knows those books like the back of her hand. She would be the best person to go with you."

He stands up. "The both of you are an unstoppable team, I know you would find the Author in no time."

I ponder his offer for a minute. "I don't want to leave Raven."

I have thought about going. I figured it would be more effective to get the answers for myself. The one thing stopping me is my desperate need to be near Raven. I don't want to be away from her for more than a few hours at a time, I'm not sure if I could handle the distance of being an entire realm away. Gods, I sound weak. But I can't help it, she makes me this way.

"Don't worry. I'll take good care of her, your highness,"