ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ꜱᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ'ᴍ ꜱᴏʀʀʏ 'ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ." 

ᴄʜᴇʟꜱᴇᴀ ᴄᴜᴛʟᴇʀ & ᴊᴇʀᴇᴍʏ ᴢᴜᴄᴋᴇʀ

━━ 🌹 ━━

"Meliodas?" I breathe with a trembling voice the second I hear his wonderful voice but when I quickly pull myself away from him, my smile falters when I see his eyes are still shut. "Meliodas?"

"Please don't make such bold claims, darling," I hear my own weak voice echo around me but these familiar words don't leave my lips. "You know I really hate it when people do that."

"Oh, this isn't a claim," my lover's voice speaks again firmly. "This is a promise, sweetheart."

"Wh—What is this?" I murmur softly when I look down to see my (y/f/f)-shaped pendant glowing brightly around my neck as the words echo from within the piece of jewellery.

"Enough," I hear my voice protest. "Just please...stop. I beg you, just stop talking—"

"I know expressing your affections and feelings is something you're not used to," the eldest son of the Demon King continues to speak. "But I'll tell you every single day that I love you with everything I have because you mean the whole world to me, (Y/n/n)."

"This pendant doesn't only teleport me to wherever you are," I say quietly once the voices stop speaking as my fingers trail across the closed eyes in front of me. "It contains memories as well."

Remembering his insistence in the past about how he really wanted to make me this pendant, my heart aches painfully at how extraordinary this gift is and a broken sob escapes my lips.

"Show me another memory," I whisper into the silence and my pendant glows once again.

"I think Elizabeth's fallen in love with someone," I hear my voice from the past speak quietly.

"Huh? Elizabeth?" I hear my lover say with a puzzled tone. "And what makes you say that?"

"Well, she seems much more dreamy and gets easily distracted lately. And the way she smiles...Are you really telling me that you haven't noticed anything different, darling?"

"I suppose she does seem to be acting more strangely. Now that I think about it, she seems to be humming a lot lately. And she usually doesn't like to hum out loud in front of others."

"Exactly! She's changed but it isn't bad or anything; she just seems to be more relaxed."

"Yeah, and the pressure from the Supreme Deity to marry one of the four Archangels isn't helping her at all. But if she's found someone, then I'm glad. Elizabeth really deserves it.