my pretty princess 👑👑

-👑-

-👑-

everyday princess karla came to the inn.

she would come in with any gift for gwendolyn, but out of all of them, gwendolyn loved the flowers.

petunias, zinnias, peonies, and marigolds.

but her personal favorite was the roses gifted to her. she planted one in the center of the garden, and kept the others in a glass vase right next to her bed. sure, it was corny to do that; but since she was getting courted by the princess, she would enjoy it. from the day they met from now, the icy winter had mellowed out now into hot, summer days.

familiar footsteps crossed the stone pathway, and already gwendolyn knew it was princess karla.

"morning, karla!" gwendolyn called from her garden, not looking up from her work.

the princess hopped over the fence effortlessly. "good morning, gwen. what are you working on today?"

"just some labor work, picking out some plants and whatnot."

"would you mind if i lent a hand?"

gwendolyn lifted her head, finally looking at karla.

she wore boots and cargo pants, a silver belt lazily wrapped around them.

but one thing caught her eye; a beautifully toned abdomen, abs shining under the sun.

okay, wow, that's... hotno, that's...

even when she tried to pull her eyes away, a full set of boo—

no. cut it out.

"excuse me, gwendolyn? has the heat gotten to your head?" karla's lips formed into a teasing grin, voice laced with innocence. "should i take you inside?"

"sorry, i... uh.." gwen swallowed thickly. "let's just start over here!"

she tried to block out karla's laughter, but could only feel her face start to burn up-- not from the heat.

gwen pointed at the bed of plants. "these carrots should be ready. could you take them out for me?"

the princess knelt on the ground near the plants. "uh, these, right?"

"yep, right there."

karla bit her lip. "aren't these just weeds? i don't see any carrots."

"nope, not weeds at all! i planted them myself, i'm sure."

"i just... grab it out?" karla's hand lingered over the green stems hesitantly.

gwendolyn smiled. "here, i'll help you."

she grabbed the spade sprawled out onto the ground and slowly dug it into the soil around the vegetable's root gently. "you've got to make sure the soil is lose before you start."