0.36

0.36

right as she got back to her home base, karla called each of her employees into a meeting

right as she got back to her home base, karla called each of her employees into a meeting. thought it had been months since they'd seen her in person, she could still tell they were shivering with fear in silence.

perfect.

"since we've gotten rid of dead weight around here," she started. "i'm getting rid of the new regulations enforced. we'll go back to how things were before."

her employees seemed to sigh with relief.

"but that doesn't mean stop the hard work. just know that things have been settled over." karla stated.

everyone around the glass table nodded in silence; waiting for karla to finish. "are there any questions?"

one worker gulped and raised their hand. "ms. valetin is um... is gwendolyn all right?"

for the first time in a while, karla's face broke out into a grin. "shaken up, but still smiling."

everyone's faces in the room were awed at karla's joyful face. it wasn't very often when they saw her grinning like that.

"if that is all, this meeting is often." all the employees left the room, a soft chattering flowing among them. and like usual, ezra was the only one left.

"karla, my favorite person in the whole world! i've got good and great news for you."

the mafia boss reclined in her chair. "tell me the good news first."

"i found some perfect places to look for some engagement rings!" ezra clapped. "i'm working overtime just for you, girl."

"oh, thank you, ezra. you didn't have to, really—"

ezra cut her off. "aht, aht, aht. i told you there was great news. don't you want to know about that?"

"what's the great news?"

"i got some news that a special someone just arrived. i know you wanna see her."

karla shot up from her chair and started running. "why didn't you tell me that first? i'll be right back!"