Chapter 14 - Forever in Italy

"Angel, slow down." Leonardo beckoned as he watched Melody enthusiastically skip through the market square. The girl traveled a few metres in front of him and and Leonardo's hands twitched to pull her back into his arms. She had persuaded him into accompanying her on her endeavour to explore the foreign country of Italy before the two return back to England a day later. Melody had been thrilled when her man had reluctantly agreed but, unbeknownst to her, there was no way in hell Leonardo was going to let her out alone in a place she had never visited before.

"Hurry up, Leo! You're such a slow coach!" Melody teased with an amused smirk pulling at her lips as she turned briefly to look back at him. Leonardo rolled his eyes at her antics but his heart smiled at the girl's excitement.
Her happiness was contagious.

"Do you even know where we're going?" He breathed a weary sigh. The recent events of Melody's previous disappearance had stressed him into a stubborn exhaustion.

"Of course not. But that's half the fun of it!" She stated triumphantly and exerted a newfound confidence as she walked.

Growing bored of the remaining distance between the two, Leonardo marched forward and swept up Melody off the floor before placing her down right in front of him. His arms wounded tightly around her waist forbidding her of any movement and Melody giggled at his actions. "Leo? What are you doing?"

"I don't like you far away from me," he explained; his voice was muffled slightly as he bent down and buried his face into the crook of her neck.

Melody's laughter grew at his statement. "I'm right here Leo. You're so silly." She chuckled and Leonardo could not fight the relaxed smile that tugged at the corner of his lips at the melodious sound.

Suddenly, Melody's stomach rumbled loudly; effectively interrupting the couples' conversation. Leonardo returned to his full, towering height as he stared down questionably at the girl who's cheeks burnt crimson. "You hungry baby?" He mused with an almost mocking expression as Melody attempted to hide her deepening blush in his chest.

"No." She denied and Leonardo shook his head in disbelief at her stubbornness. Melody did not want to waste even a brief moment of her time in Italy by stopping to eat but she also knew that if her man believed her to be the slightest bit hungry this would inevitably happen.

Much to her annoyance, Melody's stomach grumbled a second complaint; louder this time, to which Leonardo swiftly clasped her hand in his own and began leading them both through the street. "Come on love, I know a place," he explained and Melody sighed in acceptance. She knew that he was more stubborn that she ever was.

****

"Buona sera signore. Come posso aiutarti?" (Good Evening Sir, how may I help you?) The waitress managed to stutter out despite her nerves as she gazed up at Leonardo; feeling intimidated by his mere presence. Her eyes fell upon the petite girl that stood clutching onto the man's arm as she digested the restaurant's layout; her eyes wide with wonder. The waitress inwardly questioned their relationship at the obvious polarity of the two and she felt a little pitiful for the youthful girl.

"Tavolo per due. Vorrei che ci sedessimo sul tetto; con vista sul paesaggio. Mi aspetto che il servizio qui sia rapido, vero?" (Table for two. I would like us to be seated on the roof; overlooking the scenery. I expect the service here to be quick, yes?) Leonardo demanded, ignoring how his Melody's eyes immediately shot towards the man in pure shock as she heard perfect Italian fly out of his mouth.