F o u r - Reunited

"Syngrath!?" I exclaimed upon seeing my savior.

My Zalgoid servant smiled down at me with gleaming red eyes, but I quickly pulled myself together again after being shaken by the sudden fall and force myself out of his arms back onto the ground.

'Never present yourself as weak or show softness to your servants.'

"I didn't need you to catch me. Don't embarrass me," I scoff at him, dusting myself off and crossing my arms. "I apologize, my lord," He responded, dipping his head.

I glare at him a bit more and tilt my head, "Syngrath, you look different. What happened?"
I noticed that my servant who was normally a taller being with light red skin, very long black hair down to his waist, blood red eyes and horns like the others was now more humane-looking with pale white skin, pitch black hair that was slicked back neatly and reached his shoulders, bright red eyes and a black suit similar to that of the strange tall creature I was speaking to just a moment ago.

—Wait a minute—that creature!

Before Syngrath could respond to my question, my head jolts in the direction of which I last saw the thing standing.

It was gone.

"Syngrath you fool, you distracted me and now my would-have-been new servant is gone," I sigh, turning back to Syngrath and trying to display a displeased expression.

Syngrath only bows and places a hand against his chest, a smirk still present on his stupid face. "My deepest apologies, my lord. Maybe we can look for it again though, if that is what you would like to do."

"Yes fine, we'll do that. You lead the way though."

He dips his head and motions for me to follow him as he begins walking eastwards from the tree that I fell out of. I heave a sigh before beginning to glide after him.

꧁꧂

"Syn, what took you so long to get back to me. I was in that tree for hours. What did my father say?"

Syngrath was patient with me, despite all my demanding questions. "I told your father how you were truly displaying signs of being sickly. After throughly convincing him, he ordered me to watch over you and nurse you back to health before the ceremony begun. He delayed it only an hour more, for your sake."

He then suddenly stopped walking and I nearly glided into him. I looked at him ready to bark but he looks back at me with a serious, cold glare. "Two of your servants—Avzaroth and Aragoth are not convinced my young lord is sick. They were very investigative the whole time and tried to sneak their way into your room when I was absent."

My fists tightened into balls when I heard those names, Avzaroth and Aragoth. They were two more of my highest and actually intelligent servants that tended to me in the castle. However, I always suspected them of only pretending to care about me and trying to tend to my every need to just to impress Zalgo. All they wanted to do was kiss his ass 24/7, and I hated them for it.

"I hate those lousy twins. They never cared if I was okay when I was a child anyways. They just want benefits and praise from my father," I hiss. I glance back at Syngrath again, this time a look of uncertainty dawning on my face. "Do you...think that they know we're here?"

Syngrath nodded his head, "I do, and if not, I fear it won't be long until they find out."

"Then we need to find shelter as soon as possible. Those idiots will drag me back to the underworld if it's the very last thing they do..."

Syngrath said nothing more but instead grabbed my arm and started pulling me behind him, walking quicker than before. "I won't let anyone lay a hand on my lord. We'll find shelter this same night, I promise you this. You'll be free...and happy again."

I trusted Syngrath with my whole being. I may see him as lowly and pathetic (not as much) as all my other servants and my father, but he has been the only one that stuck by my side for all these years. The least I could do was offer him my trust.

"...Syngrath stop pulling me around, I'm not a child!"